Wild Oregano Oil

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Wild Oregano Oil

Postby tumbes1980 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey,

My first post in this forum... (clapping)

Anyways, I had a quite easy fu$%@n Rosacea until a few days ago, which i spent at the beach and under blistering sun. I know that sun is one of the triggers for Rosacea, but i wanted to do an experiment. Well..they are right. Many pimples have shown up. So i bought Oregano Oil, which i read is a natural Antibiotic which can help in some cases of Rosacea.

I'm about to take two tablets with my Dinner, like they are recommending. I'll let you know about the effects.

:ugeek:
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Wild Oregano Oil

Postby fanny » Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi and welcome
Have you had a diagnosis from a doctor, if so have you been prescribed anything? Sunscreen and/or a hat is always a good idea in the sun, I'm sorry you found out the hard way! Good luck with the oregano oil.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby spencer » Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi, I found oregano oil helped me, but is not to be used long-term. It works like an antibiotic, yes, which means that it can kill both the beneficial and bad bacteria. If you plan to take it on a consistent basis, consider adding in a probiotic.
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby tumbes1980 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Fanny: Yes, i was diagnosed with Rosacea a few years ago and was told to use sunscreen. until a few months ago it was only on my nose. I used Rozex (topical cream) and it really helped. I also had some Acne, so my doctor prescribed me with Minocycline (Antibiotics). For about three months my skin was smooth and healthy. No redness, no pimples. Nothing. But then, about a week after i finished taking the pills, my whole face tuned red and pimples started to show up all over my face. I believe that the Antibiotics harmed my digestion system and eventually worsen my Rosacea.

Well, It's been two days ago since i started to take Oregano Oil. I can't say that there's some improvement, though it seems like no new big pimples have shown up. I'll keep you informed.

Spencer: Thanks man! I didn't know that i should use probiotics if I'm going to use Oregano Oil for a long term. Thank you!

I also took a test for Helicobacter Pylori, and got a positive result (though not a high level. The norm, according to the test i took, is 0-3.5,and in my result is 9.3. I read that there might be a connection between Digestion-H.pylori-Rosacea).

(yes)
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tumbes1980 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 am

update:

Well, i would have upload some photos, but didn't know how to add em'... :ugeek:
Anyways, 3 days have passed since i started taking oregano oil. I donno whether it's my diet (i added vegetable juice to my diet. that's the only change) or a different thing, but i can clearly that my skin condition is improving fast.

My nose used to be red prior the sun exposure, and i also had red pimples here and there, especially near the nose and forehead. However, it seems like my nose is solely being cleared. no new big red pimple have shown up.

results: 3 days of Wild Oregano Oil, and a can be seen improvement.

I'll keep you informed (dance2)

Cheers!
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tumbes1980 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:59 am

update:

Well, the oil is working quite well. I mean, my face isn't totally clear...it's normal. No big strange pimples (though 1 or 2 tiny ones) and no redness. It's just normal. I hope it'll still be working. I'll keep you updated.

Hope some people will find it effective for them. (yes)
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tumbes1980 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

update:

It's been two weeks since i started taking wild oregano oil. I'm SOOOOO happy. It looks (i hope i won't be disappointed later) like my Rosacea is simply gone! I'm eating whatever i want (still hasitating with alcohol, though i drank 1/3 beer and nothing happend :) ) and no redness and no pinmples...simply normal skin.

I'm so happy! really!

I also called to the company that manufaturing it, and they said that i can take it for long periods, only once in every three months, i should take a few days off. But thats it...it's no like antibiotics who ruins your digestion system while fighting Rosacea.

Bottom line..it's seems like it took about a week and half for my Rosacea to fully cure. I know that they say that there's no cure for Rosacea at the moment, but the Rosacea is simply not on my face for about a week. And it's not like the ups and downs...i know my face and it's gone!

Go and try it! You have nothing to loose!

Please tell me if it helped you! I would be gald to hear about it and to know i helped someone to get cured.
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby LoisAnne » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 am

Wow! Congratulations on finding something that works for you! Where does one get wild oregano oil? A health food store? Online? Is it in tablet/capsule form or a liquid? Maybe if I looked back in your older posts I would find this information. Will be interesting to see if the oil helps others.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby tumbes1980 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:10 am

It comes in several forms, but mine is liquid capsules. I presume you can get in a health food store. In Israel we have a pharmacy chain with natural drugs aside with conventional ones, so i got it there.

There are several brands, but i bought Solgar's because it's the only one i found in the store. Anyway, I'm sure it's very easy to get online. I think the capsules are better than the liquid (drops which you put on the tongue and swallows), because the capsules have some amount of olive oil for better absorption.

If anyone needs help to find it, I'd be happy to assist.

(yes)
tumbes1980
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 am

I wanna try! Next time I'm at the health food store, hope I remember.

Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies