acupuncture

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: acupuncture

Postby spencer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for posting this. I work at an acupuncture clinic, so I've seen the results from many patients coming in. All I can say is I have seen nothing short of miraculous results with some patients. I had a patient come in last week, for instance, who has had chronic back pain for 10 years and he walked out of the clinic a new man. If he doesn't come back for treatment for a little bit (2 weeks?) the pain will begin to come back, but every time he gets treatment he is so much better than when he came in. As for my experience with acupuncture, I have noticed a significant difference in my symptoms over the last year. The most effective points have been on the soles of my feet, as it has really helped bring the heat down. I find the acupuncture has been more effective for balancing my hormones than hormone replacement or naturopathic treatment (herbs, supplements, etc.).

However, the difficult thing about acupuncture is how prohibitively expensive it is! Even if your insurance covers $500 worth of treatment, you can use that up in 7-10 treatments. This is often not enough, especially for more complicated cases. There is this thing now called community acupuncture where you can sit in a room with several other people. You all get treated at the same time for a significantly lower price. I'm looking into trying this out myself, as it can run as low as $15-40 a treatment depending on income. At least this will allow patients to see if indeed acupuncture really is effective. For most of us, to see results, you need at least 10 treatments. A competent practitioner is important as well. Ask for credentials and testimonials from other patients (if possible).
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Mike T » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Sounds interesting,

I have never given accupuncture much thought.

Wouldn't mind testing the waters though. My shoulders have been playing up a bit latley.

Cheers,

Mick
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby spencer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 am

Hi Mike,

Acupuncture can be amazing for shoulder problems! I've also found reflexology and massage incredible for that as well. Even better is when you can find all of those healing modalities in one practitioner.

I hope it works for you, should you decide to try it. At the very least you'll feel relaxed afterwards.
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Mike T » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks Spencer.

I'm gonna try and slot it in somewere. Between work, uni & study I'm Spread out pretty thin.

Cheers,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies