Rosacea cure= DONT EAT SUGAR

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Rosacea cure= DONT EAT SUGAR....

Postby brendalush » Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Rashadooks wrote:. So my cure for my rosacea is to not eat any sugar- complex, fructose etc. It's hard but I feel soooooo much better for it and I finally have my face back :)

Hi my boyfriend was diagnosed with Rosacea 4 or 5 years ago. His dermatologist has him on accutane (cancer drug) for the past 2 years. This drug has helped but it hasn't been a cure as he constantly has flare ups. I am very concerned with the side effects of accutane as liver and blood work has to be completed monthly. I recently went to a holistic seminar and they advised that sugar is the culprit. From what you wrote, you are in agreement? Any additional information you can provide as well as this diet you refer to. Wonderful forum, thanks so much.
brendalush
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Rosacea cure= DONT EAT SUGAR

Postby Col40 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 pm

(blush) hi, I gave up sugar and after two days my Rosacea completely disappeared. Having suffered for 11 years since I was pregnant with my eldest son, I finally have a clear face that's not sore, itchy or weeping. I had tried everything including green tea, Rosex, expensive face products and cosmetics but nothing worked. I read Sarah Wilson's book 'I quit Sugar' which has loads of tips and recipes as well as explaining the science behind the relationship between the body and sugar. It's not easy but it's so worth it. Now I can use anything I like on my skin and I feel so much better about myself. It also made sense when I remembered that during that pregnancy I was glucose intolerant and that's when my Rosacea started so I'm sure there is a link.
Col40
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Rosacea cure= DONT EAT SUGAR

Postby SlickNick » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 am

Hi there fellow sufferers!
Sugar is a contributor to the condition without a doubt but it's not the whole picture. Most people do not have just rosacea - they have other skin conditions mixed in - seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and other red rashes. I have this combination. There is a great book by Dr Hugh Molloy - called "The Good Skin Guide" which treats all skin conditions as the same problem. He is a controversial advocate for keeping the body cool as much as possible and he believes we need to cool the body to alleviate many of these modern skin problems. I tried many of his techniques and they do make a big difference and even now if I go out in the sun for a prolonged period (playing golf for example) I will suffer a couple of days later as my body has heated up over that 4-5 period even with hat suncream etc. The build-up of heat presents itself thru my face - the skin barrier breaks down around the creases of my nose and chin and I even get hard gritty little balls (like sand) where the skin has broken down so much. The skin is literally weeping. When this happens I know it's going to take at least a week to calm the redness down and form a crust and then the skin will flake off. It's very frustrating!
As I have lived with my condition now for almost 40 years you do understand better the triggers for the skin problems you get. Unfortunately I find your skin is a very unpredictable animal and you can have a flare-up even when you have been doing all the right things - keeping cool, no sugar and moisturising to create a barrier. One other little tip which may work for you is eating fat - the fat tends to plumps up your skin cells and give it a boost (like collagen) so that may help too. Recently I went to my doctor about skin cancers and he knows about my seb dermatitis and basically thinks there is nothing you can do to eradicate it completely but one interesting thing he did say which I have been saying for a long time and was actually quite glad to hear it come from a doctor is "climate" having a big effect on the skin. I find my skin is best in mild to warm dry conditions. I went to England for 4 weeks recently in May-June and my skin was wonderful - as my doctor says perfect weather for the skin. So you are never going to be able to control the weather and I do believe it does have a bearing on the skin. I too have read the No Sugar book from Sarah Wilson and if you can cut out or drastically cut down on all forms of sugar it does help - with some people it may be the ultimate saviour like Col40. Remember sugar is so addictive it takes 5 years to completely ween yourself off it so its virtually impossible. Keep off the potatoes, bread pasta etc as all these are turned into sugar too. You are basically going to be on a paleo diet which means lots of protein, fat and vegies with a few berries - best diet there is too as you will get to your BMI easily - BONUS!! One other little thing I believe is helpful is drinking water - water rehydrates the skin and keeps it plump so you may want to try this too. Wouldn't it be great if we could just have that all elusive cure!
SlickNick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Rosacea cure= DONT EAT SUGAR....

Postby brendalush » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Rashadooks wrote:. So my cure for my rosacea is to not eat any sugar- complex, fructose etc. It's hard but I feel soooooo much better for it and I finally have my face back :)

Thank you for this information, much appreciated.
brendalush
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies