Rosacea treated and gone!

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Rosacea treated and gone!

Postby Mike T » Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 am

I can see your point.

Dermatologists do hand out dangerous drugs. But "usually" they inform the user of the potential side effects.

This is a substance where a mere misinterpretation of tea spoon with table spoon could cause death.

A mere misunderstanding that an adults dose can be given to an infant can cause death.

A mere improvisation by those uneducated to ingest actuall laundry detergent containing Borax, rather than 100% borax as recommended by one previous poster, which may not only contain Boron but other deadly astringents can cause death.

And, a blaitant, disregard for other peoples health, which those uneducated would believe, with the unfounded comment (from the linked website in Vassagirls post) that Borax can be sprinkled as a seasoner over your food and provide no more I'll effects than plain salt. So by this logic one can infer that if you ingest 100g of borax in one go you will wake up alive the next day.

Combine the above with the fact that this stuff can be bought by anyone, including desperate, uneducated children reading these posts, from there local woolworths, and you can begin to contemplate the endless possibility of problems which can arise.

This why I think the thread should not be able to be viewed.

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby Vassargirl » Sun May 09, 2010 4:12 am

one can take too many drugs or take drugs with other drugs and have fatal reactions. prescription drugs are a #1 killer.

children can go to their local walmart and buy this, true. doubtful as i'm sure the very idea would make them gag faster than most adults but it's possible. kids smoke too. just as harmful. but i'm not here to argue. and certainly don't aspire to be one of these moderators.

delete if you want. i don't ultimately care.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 am

It doesn't come down to wether you care or not it comes down to clear cut health concerns.

Cigarrette use by children is not a great comparasin. Quite the contrary. There are a myriad of barriers set up to protect both children and adults from smoking side effects, including proof of ID for minors and multi million dollar add campains to promote awarness and educate. (atleast is the case in Australia). And I am sure if someone suggested ciggarette use here as a Rosacea remedy stating it had no side effects greater than plain salt it would be removed quite promptly.

My issue with this is that if one were not to click on the 2nd or 3rd page before trying this stuff then the potential for serious side effects can be great due to the dangers associated with chemical being uknown and even downplayed.

My comments are motivated only by general health concerns, so I hope you will not take it any of them personally.

I will not comment further as I have said what I felt needed to be said.

Regards

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby RedDan » Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 am

I never ingested Borax, but did use to soak my face in it. I'd fill the sink with warm water and borax then soak it for 10 minutes in 45 sec intervals using a stop watch. I don't recall it had very big effects, but it did have a slightly positive effect. (although while holding my face in the water I used to think, "why the heck do I have to do this and no one else?")

I never thought to make a mask of it but that sounds like a really good way to make this work. Holding your head underwater is not fun at all and a pretty boring way to spend your time. A mask would be perfect.

You didnt mention what type of rosacea you have, is it P&P or just plain ole "redness"? In my case the P&P was mites, the redness was veins near the surface which I corrected with laser treatments. The P&P comes back after about 6-9 months, the redness does not.
RedDan
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Vassargirl » Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 pm

redness & p&ps. typical demodex. as an aside: Dan i want to investigate your ivermectin regime further. can you please send me a link to the exact product you use? ivermectin is not avail in the u.s. (pill form), unless you know something i don't (canada, yes).
I'm a former equestrian so the horse thing doesn't phase me at all. thank you.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Vassargirl » Sun May 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Never mind Dan. think i found it.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby RedDan » Sat May 29, 2010 7:33 am

well, serendipity I guess. I found an old applicator at the back of a drawer. It was durvet 1.87% ivermectin paste. I would just use it topically less to worry about. Also, as I mentioned I was reading that its being used topically to treat head lice these days because lice are becoming resistent to whatever they treated them with before.

... and this time I googled the article I read on that: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/99810.php

:)
RedDan
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby DS* » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 pm

To Mike,

Open your mind :)

We are "slowly poisoning" ourselves each time we take a breath or a drink of water (or, certainly, a drink of soda, or eat fast-food, etc), especially as our air/water becomes more and more polluted.

And, at one time, it was "readily accepted" that our Earth was flat :) The sad fact is that a LOT of things are readily accepted that are simply not true. That's why, if we are wise, we will be very open-minded, especially when we read things on a website, like Earthclinic, that has no vested interest in a product, is a non-profit website, and has bunches of testimonials from regular people curing all kinds of conditions (by themselves) that mainstream "readily-accepting" folks/doctors would say isn't true. Then why are these people saying it? What is their motivation? They have none, they are simply jubilant with the results from being cured from ills they've endured for so long -- many for decades... decades of suffering. And you think you're conclusion/opinion is going to sway them to stop "slowly poisoning" themselves after they've FINALLY found an answer to all that suffering. Don't think so :) And, in fact, it would be unfortunate if you dissuaded others from giving this a try, especially, again, those who have suffered for so long, and many at the hands of mainstream individuals that you seem to have much faith in--despite the dwindling health of our people. Apparently, you aren't one of the multitudes who have been, not just slowly, but immediately poisoned BY THEM and their mostly snake oil drugs, their "readily accepted" (because of the bombardment of the public with ads) "pharmaceuticals."

By the way, salt is an amazingly effective anti-biotic, it does kill germs -- and snails ;) There's a reason for the saying, like "pouring salt in the wound." Painful, but effective in killing bacteria. And excess amount of it, like pretty much anything, would be harmful, and even ultimately deadly.

Learn about borax...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borax

Given that borax is a common ingredient (softens skin) in cosmetics, many haven't really been given the choice, they (and probably you) have already been using it on their skin.

From above link...

"Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. It is usually a white powder consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water."

If you eat apples, you eat boron, a mineral our bodies have a need for -- and given that most of us don't eat that wonderful "apple a day" or the like, it's probably why our bods are so readily responding to borax (boron) therapy, even this tiny amount in a lot of water (per Earthclinic). If you washed your dishes in borax (and many do), you would probably get the same residual amount from eating from those dishes :) ... or, if you use chemical-laden dish soaps, then your belly/bod is regularly having a taste of Dawn dish liquid. No, we do not completely rinse it all off, we do consume some of the dish liquid left behind on our dishes. I'd rather be "slowly poisoned" with borax, that's why I choose to wash my dishes with it :)

From above link...

"Borax has a wide variety of uses. It is a component of many detergents, cosmetics, and enamel glazes. It is also used to make buffer solutions in biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an anti-fungal compound for fiberglass, as an insecticide, as a flux in metallurgy, a texturing agent in cooking, and as a precursor for other boron compounds."

"Borax, sodium tetraborate decahydrate, is not acutely toxic.[12] Its LD50 (median lethal dose) score is tested at 2.66 g/kg in rats.[13] This does not mean that it is safe, merely that a significant dose of the chemical is needed to cause severe symptoms or death. The median lethal dose for humans tends to differ for a given compound from that of rats. Simple exposure can cause respiratory and skin irritation. Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal distress including nausea, persistent vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Effects on the vascular system and brain include headaches and lethargy, but are less frequent. "In severe poisonings, a beefy red skin rash affecting palms, soles, buttocks and scrotum has been described. With severe poisoning, erythematous and exfoliative rash, unconsciousness, respiratory depression, and renal failure."

"Borax, given the E number E285, is used as a food additive in some countries but is banned in the United States. In consequence certain foods, such as caviar, produced for sale in the U.S. contain higher levels of salt to assist preservation.[5] Its use as a cooking ingredient is to add a firm rubbery texture to the food, or as a preservative. In oriental cooking it is mostly used for its texturing properties. In Asia, Borax (Chinese: 硼砂; pinyin: péng​ shā​) or (Chinese: 月石; pinyin: yuè shí​) was found to have been added to some Chinese foods like the hand-pulled noodles lamian and some rice noodles like Shahe fen, Kway Teow and Chee Cheong Fun recipes.[6] In Indonesia it is a common, but forbidden, additive to such foods as noodles, meatballs and steamed rice. The country's Directorate of Consumer Protection warns of the risk of liver cancer with high consumption over a period of 5–10 years.[7]"

Just like a HIGH CONSUMPTION of alcohol will fry one's brain and the liver -- but some believe the use of it in small amounts is healthful. Hmmm ;) On that one, I personally don't believe any amount of alcohol is healthful -- but that is a "readily acceptable" theory.

Life is finite, we have to make our choices -- lupus or some other horrible dis-ease and all the immediate suffering it entails, or a dab of borax in a large amount of water. If one is suffering, it's worth at least the temporary risk -- maybe even the long-term one. But, in this case, it appears to be no greater than so many other "readily acceptable" ones.

Also, be aware of your "sources." That is, the FDA and the EPA -- and our government in general is pretty much of an illusion with regard to representing the people. For the most part, they represent the profit-powerful industries, namely, the pharmaceutical companies. They don't have your back -- at all. It would be wise for us to wake up to that fact. The confict of interest, unlike the info you get on Earthclinic and from just regular folks on there, should make that readily apparent.

DS*
DS*
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:57 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; hence, the beauty of a forum (;)

Before I say anything else, I don't believe the medications given to me by my derm are "snake oil"--my rosacea has finally begun to improve now that I am using my Noritate faithfully every night. Nothing else has worked, natural or not. Some things did feel soothing, or calmed it down a bit, but nothing really helped. Sometimes, either for rosacea or other medical conditions, you do need medications from "them".

There are items of food, for example, that were once thought poisonous; today, they are readily consumed with no ill effects. At the same time, there are many other natural herbs, etc. that were once used to cure ills; today, they are known to cause liver damage, for example. I for one believe there is a reason borox is banned in many countries as a food additive/ingredient, including the US, as was pointed out. And if you scan the list of uses for borox, it's quite scary, to say the least. Consume something used in pottery, as an insecticide, in detergent, for stopping car radiator and engine block leaks? Thanks, but no--not for me.

It is good to be open-minded, but I am not sure about being "very" open-minded. That might leave one exposed to dangerous practices, scams, hoaxes, supplements, etc., especially when on the web. Everything must be taken with a grain of salt (no pun intended). I don't think some things are worth the "temporary or long-term risk", unless it is something such as chemo--this is our health we are talking about. At the same time, everyone is responsible for researching a possible treatment/medication, and, fully informed, making their own decision based on how they feel on what they've found, whether it be a "natural" treatment or an actual prescription medication.

I also believe in listening to the recommendations of the FDA, EPA, etc. Others, such as yourself, don't. And that's fine! We are here to offer our opinions and share our experiences, but not to insist on changing others' beliefs. :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby DS* » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 am

No problem with others having or expressing their opinion, even if it's wrong, lol ;)

As for your topical antibiotic (or any other kind, especially for skin issues), get back to me on it in say, a year or so from now. In all my years of using them, inside and out, that's probably the maximum time frame for them to "work," (same with those around me who were using them) sadly to say. It's wonderful while it lasts, but it won't last. Going against nature in such a way never works in the long-term. And alas, during the time you're using it (especially the kind ya' swallow), it's really effing up your body. Which means later on down the road with a few more years under your belt, you'll develop some other condition that you will, no doubt, not attribute to the harm you're doing now with antibiotics. Nature is not to be trifled with, hence a world chockful of obese and otherwise very sick people.

I've been to multitudes of health practitioners over the years, studied indepth about natural/alternative therapies, decades of experimentation on myself with such -- all AFTER I allowed mainstream medicine to royally eff up my body with their, er, uncanny god-like wisdom, heh

It wasn't until I took responsibility for my own life, began to learn the truth, and with an open mind :) discovered some amazing natural remedies that I began to heal. I assure you, that at some point, if you are wise, you will discover the same -- and feel mighty empowered in the process. Note, a biggee discovery, and only after a lot of years/suffering, and lotsa dollars down the drain, was that MOST disease is a reflection of an emotional issue. And until such an issue is resolved, either one will not heal or only temporal relief will be found. Old, unresolved trauma (i.e., child abuse and other trauma during those years and beyond) create a lot of hell in our lives.

But, hey, it's all part of the learning process, the lessons of this life. That open-minded thing can greatly reduce the suffering along the way. But I say, all happens for a good reason *shrugs* Happy trails, and enjoy :)

DS*

FDA Scientists Revolt Against Corrupt Food and Drug Administration Officials http://bit.ly/9i1U87 via @AddToAny

FDA Conspired with Chemical Industry to Declare Bisphenol-A Harmless http://bit.ly/bKurym via @AddToAny
FDA reverses position on BPA in plastics, now admits concern over the chemical http://bit.ly/dqY48l via @AddToAny

FDA Reluctantly Admits Mercury Fillings Have Neurotoxic Effects on Children http://bit.ly/cw66rN via @AddToAny

FDA openly allows criminally-convicted doctors, researchers to keep working on pharmaceuticals and clinical trials http://bit.ly/kAGd

FDA admits millions of patients prescribed illegal, unapproved medications by doctors http://bit.ly/a3zGCU via @AddToAny

FDA Scientists Accuse Agency of Corruption, Intimidation http://bit.ly/adB6s7 via @AddToAny
Quote from this article:
"A group of nine FDA scientists has sent letters to top politicians, accusing agency managers of intimidating and coercing scientists into changing or suppressing scientific data. In October, the scientists sent a letter to the House Energy and Commerce Committee. In early January, they sent another to then-president-elect Barack Obama. The medical device review process, in particular, has been "corrupted and distorted by current FDA managers, thereby placing the American people at risk"...

Phew, my clicky finger's gettin' tired, just too many to post... If for some reason the links here don't work, google the title. Maybe you should do a dab more research on your beloved FDA (etc). Or not. No prob :) These are all from an exceedingly reputable (read, honest and wise) website by the way, www.naturalnews.com

DS*
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies