Rosacea treated and gone!

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Rosacea treated and gone!

Postby Aurelia » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi Renee,

Would you like to share some of the concerns with us, please?

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby reneegavin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:42 pm

I've read that it can be both carcinogenic and dangerous for the liver. I'm hoping that's wrong because it seemed to work!
reneegavin
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Vassargirl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:10 pm

can someone, anyone, please tell me how to accurately measure 1/8th teaspoon? apologies for the dopey question and thank you.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat May 01, 2010 10:01 pm

I just use the 1/4 one and heap the powder onto one side. I think I'm pretty good at getting it accurate! Well, I think. (;)

BUT, look what I found. Rubbermaid does make measuring spoons in 1/8 tsp.

http://www.rubbermaidforless.com/rubber ... o-976.html
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Vassargirl » Sat May 01, 2010 10:07 pm

thank you. Cathy are you having success with ingesting the borax?
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat May 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Oh no no. I'm too chicken! (blush)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Mike T » Fri May 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Too smart more like it.

The first google search on borax brought up these uses for it;

Pesticide, Insultion, detergents, cleaners, Fire retardents etc

if you think it is no more toxic than salt the how do they use it as an insect killer? Salt will not kill insects.

It's as easy as a click of a mouse button to get some information of what your ingesting. Look up the chemical. They warn against inhaling the stuff. They also say if you accidently swallow a large amount (1 tablespoon) seek medical attention immidiatley. Atleast your only taking 1/8 tablespoon. You should do some research and stop ingesting the stuff before it has a permanent effect on you via low accute toxcity.

I know if how hard it can be to stop something which works, as finding something that works seldomly occurs. If the dangers were debateable then one might reason that the possible risk is worth the definite gain, however the dangers are clear cut, tested, well documented and widely accepted.

You may still decide the gain is worth the side effects, that's your choice. But if you must, applying topically would be alot safer than indigestion. Borax has a high molecular weight (Another reason not to ingest) which will reduce it's permeability through the skin.

By the way 20 mule team borax is a laundry cleaning powder...
One cup for the washing machine.. And now one for me.
That doesn't seem right does it?

Regards,

Mick
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby Vassargirl » Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Sun May 09, 2010 2:31 am

That's just crazy.

V, for every dodgy website you find which says ingesting borax for extended periods, be it a small dose, is safe, I can find find you 50 well researched sites, which say it isn't.

It is easy to write what you want when you have a disclaimer like there's. Read the last few lines. It's located right at the top of the website.

Borax is a low accute toxin, so in the small, diluted doses take you will most likley not experience any side effects in the short term.

This just means you are slowly poisioning yourselfs. As this toxin affects your body cellularily the range of side effects are plentiful and often not what you would associate with A mild toxin such as Borax. People using this chemical would not look to associate side effects emmerging 2, 5 even 10 years down the track with indigestion of this, particularily considering side effects will still occur if the borax is taken long enough then stopped.

The website you referenced has no legitimate studies to prove there claim that oral indigestion of Borax is safe. They simply observe no side effects initially due to low intake of a low accute toxin. If you don't think that this stuff is dangerous then you may up your dose in the hope of seeing improved results or even give the same dose to your children. This will just lead to earlier side effects, the worst being death from a lethal dose as i will explain below.

I am not sure of the saftey issues when being used topically. Although a much safer alternative to oral indigestion, and although it has a high molecular weight, I would still opt to see studies which asses it's level of permeability into the bloodstream before I use it topically. As Cathy also stated earlier manufacturers reccomend using gloves when handling this substance.

The National Pesticide Information Centre states that " The lethal dose of Borax for adults is 15 - 20 grams and for children or pets, 5 grams". This is a one dose lethal amount. One teaspoon contains approx 5 grams of Borax. Considering this may I suggest anyone adament in defying fact and taking this stuff orally invest in very accurate measuring equiptment, preferably an electrical scale, and pay due diligence when sorting there doses, moreso than when you level out the same stuff to go into your washing machine.

No matter how safe you may think it is, you should never use this as a remedy for rosacea in infants. The low lethal dose coupled with there low body weights make an even more deadly combination. If you have read this thread and continue to feed any minor borax, pesticide or any laundary detergent, diluted or not, you should be trialled for attempted murder.

I personally would like to see this thread removed entirelly Anyone thinking about taking borax for any condition should see there gp for proffesional advice not an online forum.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby Vassargirl » Sun May 09, 2010 3:09 am

dermatologists don't have a clue what to do with rosacea beyond writing prescriptions--many of which are just as dangerous. I've seen 12 of the nation's "best" and sadly know this now.

I don't agree nor disagree with trying borax. Not sure if i will do it myself. but it's nice to have the information out there for others. I know three personally it's helped (with rosacea & ms). It's like cancer treatments--thank god for the Internet and the fact people have found safe and cost effective alternatives to healing their cancers. NOT that the same thing works for all, obviously. but for some it does. and so it goes with the borax. rx drugs have heavy risks as well (and frankly many are simply poisonous cash cows for big pharma).
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies