Rosacea treated and gone!

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Rosacea treated and gone!

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 am

I think I've said what I need to say (;) To each his own :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Vassargirl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:35 am

well said DS. Mike Adams is great, btw.
Vassargirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Earlier today, in the Experimental Rosacea Treatments section of our board, I was engaging with a new member who was using on his face a caustic paste (sold as a cancer cure) because he hoped it might cure his rosacea. I had explained that "we are a cautious board and do not want to host any kind of encouragement for people to put corrosive cancer creams on their skin unless they are suffering from cancer and are under the care of a doctor". He understood and wrote a nice reply saying "I support your cautiousness."
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2424

In my post, I had also written "We would strongly recommend that anyone tempted to follow your example first read about the severe risks of such actions" and linked to two explanatory articles:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html
http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatme ... tearea=ETO

Being very busy lately, I had fallen behind with board posts and am only now trying to catch up. It was quite a shock to find in this thread links to a site that hosts:

an ad for one of these horrendously caustic pastes, rants against the FDA for their efforts to protect the public against such things, and a campaign to lobby against the arrest of one of the main (convicted) vendors.

This is a rosacea board for rosacea treatments and I really don't think any of that stuff belongs here. However, I will leave it up to the board-owner to decide.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby DS* » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Vassargirl wrote:well said DS. Mike Adams is great, btw.

Thank you, Vassargirl, you're clearly a girl in-the-know ;) Yeah, Mike Adams, he is definitely one of my heroes. Honest, wise, courageous, intelligent, just a wonderfully high level of integrity--my kinda people :) Unlike that ridiculous site, quackwatch. Here's an entertaining page on it at curezone.com and several links to info discrediting the goomba (ha) that authors quackwatch. http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1012922

It truly astounds me, people that aren't even open to the possibility of what seems to be obvious to me. The clear conflict of interest with organizations like the FDA. I'm wondering if those countering what I posted even read the articles? Mike Adams is a highly honorable and intelligent individual, he is conveying in those articles FACTS, not fallacy. Check them, read the articles and THEN condemn if you want to take the responsibility of possibly keeping this information from individuals who may just be sharp enough to suspect the very thing that IS happening in our government. People who are ready to take the blinders off, and empower themselves, take back their lives, their health--and to stop allowing the wealthy few at the top to pull the strings of the very groups that are SUPPOSED TO BE protecting us, but most assuredly are not.

FDA Admits to Massive Conflict of Interest http://t.co/RQw3uKB via @mercola (Dr. Mercola, http://www.mercola.com)

Peace & Be well.
DS*
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 am

Being an old salt of internet forums I can see clearly when new enthusiastic members are in danger of turning a friendly and helpful forum into a battle ground.

To DS*, we hear that you have some thoughts about the FDA and conspiracies and the like. We see the links you have posted.

Everyone, please point this thread more directly back to rosacea and helpful and friendly information.

There are other places better suited to discussing these sorts of conspiracies and other combative topics.

davidp.
Moderator.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby bellableu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 am

David Pascoe wrote:Being an old salt of internet forums I can see clearly when new enthusiastic members are in danger of turning a friendly and helpful forum into a battle ground.

To DS*, we hear that you have some thoughts about the FDA and conspiracies and the like. We see the links you have posted.

Everyone, please point this thread more directly back to rosacea and helpful and friendly information.

There are other places better suited to discussing these sorts of conspiracies and other combative topics.

davidp.
Moderator.

David: THANK YOU!
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 am

Yes, thanks a million, David!

There are many rosacea boards and each has a slightly different tone. We value the fact that ours is very relaxed and friendly and we don't normally receive abrasive or insulting comments implying that anyone who disagrees with the writer is stupid, blind, or worse. Comments such as "I assure you, that at some point, if you are wise, you will discover the same -- and feel mighty empowered in the process." are arrogant and condescending. IF we are wise, we WILL all eventually see that X is right. If we never do, it is because we are unwise. So rude!

I would like to refer all members to this message on How the community conducts itself:

David Pascoe wrote:This board is moderated and the moderators will remove any messages that don't fit within the rules of the board.

This board aims to build friendships and be a positive influence for those who suffer from rosacea.

We borrow our guidelines from Rotary International - the following guidelines are called the 4 way test of the things we think, say or do.

• Is it the truth ?
  • Is it fair to all concerned ?
  • Will it build goodwill and better friendships ?
  • Will it be beneficial to all concerned ?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=689

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby plumsmooth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 am

I was banned once for talking about the Borax H202 treatment. Maybe it was on a different board. I was really shocked at the time since this formula worked for me. I had (once upon a time) Rosacea for YEARS. Unfortunately I used Topical Cortisone for Years because it was the only I discovered that helped. Now I have some steroid damage, mainly blood vessels on face. Anyway, one day i discovered this treatment, A week later my Rosacea was basically gone -- only to come back in-between treatments. I'm doing one right now. I use full strength 3% H202 saturated with Borax. Only side effect can be a little drying. Other than that it seems to help any underlying cause of Rosacea time and time again. I guess my case is little critters beneath the skin! Good Luck Everyone... (rofl)
plumsmooth
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby plumsmooth » Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

borax, 1% hydrogen peroxide and water mixture saturated until it looks like a paste applied to the face

By the way I do not believe the original recipe calls for a PASTE: This is way too strong and unnecessary to achieve results fast!

One wants to saturate h202 with Borax. 2 oz holds about 1/2 tsp maximum if that...

I can't believe I was the last post on this thread years ago and not not notice the Paste issue...
plumsmooth
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies