Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Postby helena13 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 am

i really like organic coconut oil. i use it on my body, and just started using it on my face yesterday. the virgin organic coconut oil isn't bad, but i prefer the refined organic coconut oil, as it doesn't have any smell or taste. i wouldn't recommend coconut oil from some of the stores like GNC. i don't like the quality of the brands, and most of them are not organic. spectrum is a really good brand, if you can find it.
helena13
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby reneegavin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Can you take the coconut oil capsules instead of the oil for internal use? I just can't quite get the coconut oil down!
reneegavin
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Zara168 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 am

Sure, you can, if you dont like the taste of coconut - take tablets, its the same, just a bit more expensive.
Zara168
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby it777 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:49 am

Hi, I've been using coconut oil and ACV (topically) for over a year and I love it, it keeps my skin soft and beautiful, better then any expensive cream i ever tried ( and I tried many...). However, the only thing that eliminated my flashing (99%), is the natural supplements that Cathy posted from "Banish Rosacea" book.... by the way, thank you Cathy for going thru the trouble to do that.
If anyone needs more information about my regime, I'd be happy to respond. Rosacea made me anxious and uncomfortable for years, i never knew what time of the day the flashing will make my pretty face look tired and puffy....I've been taking allergy/decongestants for many years.....I don't need them anymore, I can't believe I'm well.
Ileana
it777
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:34 am

Hi Ileana and a warm welcome to our board (wave)

How wonderful to hear that you are doing so well, and with fairly simple products.

Yes, we would absolutely love to hear about your regime in more detail, please.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:57 am

it777 wrote:Hi, I've been using coconut oil and ACV (topically) for over a year and I love it, it keeps my skin soft and beautiful, better then any expensive cream i ever tried ( and I tried many...). However, the only thing that eliminated my flashing (99%), is the natural supplements that Cathy posted from "Banish Rosacea" book.... by the way, thank you Cathy for going thru the trouble to do that.
If anyone needs more information about my regime, I'd be happy to respond. Rosacea made me anxious and uncomfortable for years, i never knew what time of the day the flashing will make my pretty face look tired and puffy....I've been taking allergy/decongestants for many years.....I don't need them anymore, I can't believe I'm well.
Ileana

I would love to hear about your routine! I'm sure we all would :) What you use, internal and external, how to apply, etc.

I'm glad the bits and pieces from the book helped you!
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Mike T » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 am

Ye I bought some a while ago. I used too much on my face and it clogged the pores and led to bit off redness.

Look for these words when buying it: organic, virgin, cold pressed, unrefined.
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby TK21 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:21 pm

HI There,
After battling with Rosacea/Demodex for the last couple of years i have just started using virgin coconut oil as an aftershave and it seems to be really helping kill those little b@stards. Changing routine to shave at night time also means that you have a clean face while sleeping with less hair follicles for mites to exist in.

I have also used a mix of Tea Tree Oil and virgin coconut oil in my eyebrows and and eyelashes where demodex mites lay their eggs. This also seems to be working and making sure i keep my eyebrows trimmed short (they are pretty bushy) denies the mites a hiding place.

Its all good so far but will post again later with result in a month or so.
TK21
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Brenz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Sweetness_&_Light wrote:Hi, anyone tried Virgin Coconut Oil for their rosacea. Have you applied it to your face as a moisturizer or taken it internally as a remedy for rosacea? Or both ways?
Any results? Good or bad?
Thanks (wave)

I've been using it for several weeks now and find it very soothing although, at the moment my rosacea is quiescent. It will be interesting to see if it helps during the hotter weather when I generally have a very red face. For those asking where to get it: I bought mine off the supermarket shelf - no problem. If it's on the 'health' shelf it's more expensive than on the Asian foods shelf - and exactly the same product.

Brenz
Brenz
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby brendalush » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Sweetness_&_Light wrote:Hi, anyone tried Virgin Coconut Oil for their rosacea. Have you applied it to your face as a moisturizer or taken it internally as a remedy for rosacea? Or both ways? (wave)

Yes absolutely, my boyfriend started using organic coconut oil a few weeks ago and it has made an amazing difference. The dryness and redness is gone and he stopped taking the cancer drug acutane that he was on for 2 years. I would highly recommend coconut oil as a treatment for rosacea. Good luck.
brendalush
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies