Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Re: Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Postby Brenz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Sweetness_&_Light wrote:Hi, anyone tried Virgin Coconut Oil for their rosacea. Have you applied it to your face as a moisturizer or taken it internally as a remedy for rosacea? Or both ways?
Any results? Good or bad?
Thanks (wave)

I have been using this for several weeks now, originally mixing it with flowers of sulphur but kept getting it into my eyes which I thought wouldn't do them too much good so have omitted the latter for the time being! I have been applying it to my face. At the moment, the rosacea is quiescent but whether or not this has anything to do with the coconut oil (I am on no other treatment either topical or systemic for rosacea at present) or because it's been winter (now spring) here in this part of Australia remains to be seen when the heat returns. My skin feels good and smooth and accepts the coconut oil readily.

I cannot ingest too much of the oil because I have a fat absorption problem but I have not long started taking a teaspoon a day. From what I read, this may well be too little to make a difference for whatever reason one takes it.

I have also been giving my thin hair (age and thyroid related hair-loss) a coconut oil treatment once a month. I could be wrong but I swear I'm not losing as much hair as I was. Not according to my brush, at any rate.

Brenz
Brenz
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Brenz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Brenz wrote:
Sweetness_&_Light wrote:Hi, anyone tried Virgin Coconut Oil for their rosacea. Have you applied it to your face as a moisturizer or taken it internally as a remedy for rosacea? Or both ways?
Any results? Good or bad?
Thanks (wave)

I have been using this for several weeks now, originally mixing it with flowers of sulphur but kept getting it into my eyes which I thought wouldn't do them too much good so have omitted the latter for the time being! I have been applying it to my face. At the moment, the rosacea is quiescent but whether or not this has anything to do with the coconut oil (I am on no other treatment either topical or systemic for rosacea at present) or because it's been winter (now spring) here in this part of Australia remains to be seen when the heat returns. My skin feels good and smooth and accepts the coconut oil readily.

I cannot ingest too much of the oil because I have a fat absorption problem but I have not long started taking a teaspoon a day. From what I read, this may well be too little to make a difference for whatever reason one takes it.

I have also been giving my thin hair (age and thyroid related hair-loss) a coconut oil treatment once a month. I could be wrong but I swear I'm not losing as much hair as I was. Not according to my brush, at any rate.

Brenz[/quote

An update: I continue to use coconut oil on my face and have had no rosacea flare-ups despite some very hot and sunny days recently during which I have not been able to hide myself away. I have raised the amount I ingest to about half a tablespoon a day and despite my fat absorption problem have had no ill-effects. I continue with the hair treatment monthly and my hair definitely is much stronger, actually grows quicker and the hair loss is much reduced. I found a good supply of the oil in a small greengrocers. It is about half the price of that found on the supermarket shelves. Very pleased with it.
Brenz
Brenz
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:22 am

Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby charite_turkula » Tue May 03, 2016 1:49 pm

I used coconut oil for a few weeks but found that it was starting to leave white bumps on my skin. When I researched it more, I discovered that this is a common problem. It did, however, calm my face during flushes & keep away dry skin & flakiness.

Now I just use it as a makeup remover & to soothe my skin if it's extremely red or cracked. Especially from when I've been, admittedly, picking at it. (thinking)
charite_turkula
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby margi_uk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 pm

gush, thank you, guys!
yeu
margi_uk
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies