Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Want to talk about treating your rosacea with natural treatments and dietary supplements ? This is the forum for you.

Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Postby Sweetness_&_Light » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi, anyone tried Virgin Coconut Oil for their rosacea. Have you applied it to your face as a moisturizer or taken it internally as a remedy for rosacea? Or both ways?
Any results? Good or bad?
Thanks (wave)
Sweetness
Sweetness_&_Light
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Coconut Oil For Rosacea?

Postby Zara168 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 am

Hi, I was just about to ask the same and saw you question. Interestingly noone answered so far, obviously not a lot of people try coconut. I am taking 2-3 spoons a day internaly and applying on my skin daily, but its only 10-15 days now,in general I am happy with the results. With sure Im no longer looking for sun cream, as coconut oil is the best in this area. Anyone interested- google coconut oil and see for yourself. Its natural and really good, better then any chemical suncreams, etc.

Sweetness_&_Light, do you take coconut oil, or just asking?
Zara168
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi,

A couple of years ago, our good pal Jenny in Australia did a lot of research into coconut oil and began recommending it. Many rosaceans were extremely wary because coconut oil is usually listed as one of the most saturated fats on the market. Jenny explained that it was only saturated if hydrogenated, whereas pure virgin coconut oil is very healthy. To be absolutely sure, I spent quite a lot of time reading research papers and medical reports and was totally convinced.

Since then, in cooking we have used organic virgin coconut oil almost exclusively and really love it. It gives some foods a wonderful, light tropical flavour - scrambled eggs are especially delicious, imho. :)

However, I haven't tried it on my skin.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Sweetness_&_Light » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for replying, Zara & Aurelia. I did try Virgin Coconut Oil and found initially, after about two weeks, some improvement in my rosacea, although by 4 weeks i noticed my flushing was persistent even though the tiny pimples were well under control and the p&ps were improved. I stopped using it on my skin because i read that the Demodex mites feed off the nutritious coconut oil and therefore will increase in population as opposed to being knocked-out! This is when i stopped.

I would eat about one tablespoon a day added to my porridge or cook omelette with it, but my family complained about the smell it left after cooking.

My teenage daughter took over the coconut oil, she uses it as a moisturiser and finds it has kept down her acne. Plus this oil seems to be a good deoderant too!

I was hoping the Coconut Oil would work for my rosacea but the best it did for my skin was make it smooth, control the acne-like breakouts and nourish the dry flakey patches. The flushing just seemed to get worse for some reason and once i stopped the coconut oil topically, the flushing reduced (redface) I really needed a plain and natural moisturiser for my skin and hoped Coconut oil would do the trick but i didn't want to get redder in the process.
Perhaps i will try Jojoba oil instead.
I don't know if it is true about the Demodex mite thriving on Coconut Oil, but something in it was making me flush more. I wonder if it would have the same results on other rosaceans? (thinking)

I only ever used the Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, so i was using the best!

I agree it is a good sunscreen although i would still feel safer wearing a high factor as well.

Best of luck (wave)

Sweetness x
Last edited by Sweetness_&_Light on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetness
Sweetness_&_Light
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby yoli » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Where can i find Coconut Oil in order to try it as i don't get so red and my main thing is the red little pimples. Thank you.
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Zara168 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi, I am buying it online and the best are from here:

http://www.coconutty.co.uk/

because his jars are glass, not plastic, and the delivery is free in UK main land.
So far I like the oil he offers, but surely you can just try and google coconut oil
and see what other online shops there are.

There is no coconut oil in local supermarkets.Only online.
You can eat it as well as apply on the skin, its all in one jar-
for skin, hair,internal,everything. Great stuff.

Come to say how it goes for you in few times.
Good luck.
Last edited by Zara168 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zara168
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby yoli » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Thank you for the information. I am going to give it a try as my skin feels very dry and mainly that is my problem and I get those tiny red pimples when my skin is too dry, especially around my nose and they burn very much so i hate those tiny red pimples.
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Zara168 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 pm

At first when I started it sting a bit,but i got use to that and the result is great,
for the skin over all, not just for the rosacea.I dont remeber my skin to be this way
in years now. Just give it a go and stay with it for few time, dont give up.
Zara168
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby yoli » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Oh that sounds great then, thank you so much and of course I will give it a try and i really hope it works for me. I am desperately looking for something that works. Thank you again.
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lisamouries » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:05 pm

You can also find coconut oil in health stores.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Natural Rosacea Therapies