RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Like to get some expert advice for IPL or Laser therapy for rosacea ? Post your question here and one of our helpful Laser and IPL Doctors will offer their thoughts on your query.

RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Postby nbapoker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:40 am

I know it is recommended to take about 6 months in between stopping accutane and doing IPL/Laser, but what about RLT? The Lowdose accutane really helps w/ the clogged pores, so I would like to be able to stay on it and use RLT while on it to help w/ flushing and stinging? could I do that? How about LLLT?
nbapoker
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: RLT/LLLT + Lowdose Accutane

Postby drsoldo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Disclosure
This information does not constitute medical advice. Any individual who believes they are suffering from any medical condition, including, but not limited to rosacea, should seek treatment from a licensed medical physician who is qualified to diagnose and treat the particular condition. Nicholas Soldo, M. D.
My opinion is that RLT should not be a problem and as for LLLT is I have had no experience and one of the reasons is that I have not been impressed that it has any great value so do not include it in my practice.DR S
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Artist » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 am

Thanks Dr. Soldo! So nice of you to help.

Since it seems we often use the acronym/term LLLT when referring to Red Light Therapy, I'll clarify for others that I think you are referring to very low level laser when you use that acronym here. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby drsoldo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:11 pm

That is correct--I have very little faith in low level laser but am a big fan of RLT--DR S
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby nbapoker » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:01 am

Dr. Soldo, how do you feel about Blue light in combination with Red light? Also, I have heard that 830 nm LED helps with pain, what do you think of that type of LED?

Thanks in advance

P.S.- is there a certain LED machine that you would recommend? A certain brand?
nbapoker
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby drsoldo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:08 pm

Disclosure
This information does not constitute medical advice. Any individual who believes they are suffering from any medical condition, including, but not limited to rosacea, should seek treatment from a licensed medical physician who is qualified to diagnose and treat the particular condition. Nicholas Soldo, M. D.
I generally reserve the blue light for acne patients or rosacea patients with an acne component--I have used the red LEDs in the 800 range for skin ulcerations etc and do not know their effect on pain--the most widely used LEDs are from Omnilux but can be pricey, but effective--A patient of mine purchased one online(ebay??) for about 2000 and uses it daily and loves it--DR S
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Ask a Doctor