botox results

Like to get some expert advice for IPL or Laser therapy for rosacea ? Post your question here and one of our helpful Laser and IPL Doctors will offer their thoughts on your query.

botox results

Postby samina » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 am

I have recently had botox to try to help my servere flushing, it has been 5 days now and i have not noticed any improvement,. is this normal? How long does it normally take to start to see results? With each day and no improvement, I feel maybe this isnt going to be the answer to my prayers and I am devasted! This xmas marks 3 years of hell.
samina
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: botox results

Postby drsoldo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Disclosure
This information does not constitute medical advice. Any individual who believes they are suffering from any medical condition, including, but not limited to rosacea, should seek treatment from a licensed medical physician who is qualified to diagnose and treat the particular condition. Nicholas Soldo, M. D.

Botox is only an adjunct to many ways to address flushing---Most commonly used are IPL, clonidine in low doses, oracea and topicals such as metrogel etc to name a few=--botox does not reach peak effect for at least 2 weeks and sometimes even longer--if not effective by then a larger dose may need to be used--botox is not foolproof however and is not always totally effective---N Soldo,MD
drsoldo
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: botox results

Postby Lisamouries » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Thank you again for your thorough answer on this. I think I speak for all in appreciating your input.
Warm regards.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Return to Ask a Doctor