The Never Ending Q&A Thread

Want to chill out a bit and just hang out in a rosacea friendly arm chair or sofa ? Slip into something comfortable and come right in.

Re: The Never Ending Q&A Thread

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 pm

What was the last thing you lost and did you find it where you left it?
Answer: My mind. Still looking. I think one of my students might have walked off with it.

Question: Bad as it sounds, when your phone rings who is the last person you hope is on the other end of the line?
Ken
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Aurelia » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Q: Bad as it sounds, when your phone rings who is the last person you hope is on the other end of the line?

A: No one unpleasant or irritating ever phones us, so we love getting calls. :)

Q: What big international story have you been following the most lately? What would you like to see happen there, if you could wave a magic wand?

With us, it's the floods in Pakistan. I wish the international troops next door in Afghanistan would stop fighting for a couple of weeks and go help with flood relief. Apart from the moral issues of helping those in desperate need, what a great way to show critics that being allied with the West (as Pakistan is) doesn't just mean us using them. An ally is a friend and should be treated accordingly, imho.
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby GJ* » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm

I see that some in Spain are beginning to question whether slaughtering bulls for kicks is a great idea. Not sure we need a magic wand for this one. Someone simply needs to tell them that, you know, it's not a great idea.

What is your greatest regret?
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby rachelf84 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm

moving back to the united kingdom after living in belgium for 7 years.

Q. indian food or chinese food ?
rachelf84
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 am

Q. indian food or chinese food ?

A: Definitely Chinese for me. Lots of great dim sum/ yum cha places here and equally many cheap and delicious noodle restaurants to choose from as well. We have a few Chinese friends who make sure we get to find the authentic food.

Q: What is something you are looking forward to in the next few months?
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby LoisAnne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 am

It is time someone answered this question!

Q What is something you are looking forward to in the next few months?

A. I am going on a geology field trip to the west coast of the US later this month to study what the professor leading the tour calls "geohazards". We will stand on the San Andreas fault, visit the petrified forest, visit Lassen Volcanic Park and Mt. St. Helens, Crater Lake etc. We are a group of retired people who like to keep learning and it should be a lot of fun!

Q. Who is your favorite mystery writer? Which book of this writer is your favorite. (okay, that is 2 questions, I admit)
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Aurelia » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Q. Who is your favorite mystery writer? Which book of this writer is your favorite.

A. If thrillers count as mystery novels, then it is John le Carré. Since I couldn't single out one of his books as favourite, I shall instead mention the most gripping book I've read in many years - a novel by Hans Fallada (real name Rudolf Ditzen) published in Germany in 1947 as “Jeder stirbt für sich allein” but published in English for the first time only in 2009 - in the US as “Every Man Dies Alone” and in Britain and the Commonwealth as “Alone in Berlin”.

In the autumn of 1946, Ditzen was 53: an alcoholic and a drug addict, a physical and mental wreck, just a few months away from death. His final novel, which Primo Levi has called "the greatest book ever written about German resistance to the Nazis", runs to 568 pages in the Penguin edition, yet was written in 24 days. It is based on the true story of a quiet, middle-aged, nondescript German couple who, at the height of WWII, foxed the Gestapo by dropping all over Berlin hundreds of hand-written postcards denouncing Hitler and calling for an uprising against the Third Reich. The novel is grim and graphic, and a fascinating view of the struggle to survive in a vicious and corrupt police state without losing one’s moral integrity.

Q. What was the most memorable cake you have ever seen and/or eaten?
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Lynne » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 am

When I was little we used to celebrate our dog's birthday. Her name was Daisy, a mutt Dalmation with a brown ear. My mother asked my uncle to pick up the cake at the bakery and he was so embarrassed. It was a Snoopy cake that said Happy Birthday Daisy in big curlicue letters. I will never forget that.

Q: What's your guilty pleasure magazine?
Lynne
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 am

Lynne, that was such a cute story! :)

Q: What's your guilty pleasure magazine?

A: In waiting rooms, I love to look at magazines showing fabulous gardens. It seems silly, when I am hopeless at gardening. Yet some plants somehow manage to thrive despite my efforts, so I'm concentrating on having more of them in the hope that we might eventually have an attractive garden. (Current favourite is the lupin, especially pale pink ones like a row of ballerinas.)

Q: As an adult, have you ever made any decorations for a Christmas tree or to celebrate Hanukkah or another seasonal celebration? Did you keep them?
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby norwaygirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Q: As an adult, have you ever made any decorations for a Christmas tree or to celebrate Hanukkah or another seasonal celebration? Did you keep them?

A: I think this counts - every year my daughter and I bake gingerbread men with a little hole near the top of their head. Then we decorate them and threat a red ribbon through the hole and hang them from the Christmas tree. We don't keep them though for obvious reasons!

Q: Have you ever bought your favourite packet of biscuits and eaten them ALL in the car on the way home from the supermarket? What type of biscuit were they?
norwaygirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge