The Never Ending Q&A Thread

Want to chill out a bit and just hang out in a rosacea friendly arm chair or sofa ? Slip into something comfortable and come right in.

Re: The Never Ending Q&A Thread

Postby Mike T » Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

A- Dark colours like black. I don't think green works.

Q- For Australians- who will win state of origin today?
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby David Pascoe » Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 pm

A: I prefer Queensland for the win, but I am probably in the minority ...

Q: If you could name a Volcano, what would you call it ?
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby Aurelia » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Q: If you could name a Volcano, what would you call it ?

Today?
A: Vuvuzela!

Q: What is your favourite sport, whether to play or to watch, and why?
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby GJ* » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 pm

The best sport to play is table tennis. This is common knowledge. Which reminds me, I must get a table. Or rather, a very large house with a games room to accommodate a table. Which reminds me, I must start a new career.

Should parents financially reward their kids for good exam marks/ good school reports?
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am

Q. Should parents financially reward their kids for good exam marks/ good school reports?

I have given this some thought in the past. As someone who never had to reward my kids to do well in school, at first I was against it. But now I think that a parent should do whatever works. If giving a child a monetary reward for good grades encourages that child to work harder and study more, then there is a positive result. The hope would be that eventually the child will be motivated from within and work hard for the sake of achieving. On the job, hard work and extra effort usually have rewards. I am sure not every parent agrees with me and since I don't have small children any more I am not an expert on the subject.

Q. What are you doing to "green" your way of living? (make yourself more environmentally friendly, not richer!)

LoisAnne
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Mike T » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 am

A- if it's brown flush it down. If it's yellow let it mellow.

Q- I just watched inception. Top notch movie. What's your favourite?
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby melissaw » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 pm

A. The A & E version of Pride and Prejudice

Q. When you see an injustice occurring do you step in and try to do the right thing even if it involves some risk to yourself or just quietly ignore it so as not to inconvenience yourself and be safe?
melissaw
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Aurelia » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:39 pm

A. The A & E version of Pride and Prejudice

A & E? I only know that as Accident & Emergency (hospital ward or department). That can't be what you mean because although Jane Austen's novels have been filmed in many different modern settings, who could possibly imagine hospital staff playing out status-conscious husband-hunting, etc.? :)

Q. When you see an injustice occurring do you step in and try to do the right thing even if it involves some risk to yourself or just quietly ignore it so as not to inconvenience yourself and be safe?

A. I would like to think that most of us would say "Yes" with little hesitation because I think that only a few people are so bad, so jaded, so cynical that they wouldn't want to help others if they could.

This reminds me of a plaque in the Victorian 'Memorial to Heroic Self Sacrifice' in a tiny inner-city London park, commemorating John Cranmer, a 23-year-old council clerk "Who was drowned near Ostend whilst saving the life of a stranger and a foreigner, August 8 1901". To lose one's life saving a person who was not only a stranger, but also a foreigner! There's nobility of character! (;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ta ... _Sacrifice

Q. Do you generally prefer thought-provoking films or mindless fare, or does it vary according to how your life is going at the time?
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby melissaw » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm

A & E? I only know that as Accident & Emergency (hospital ward or department). That can't be what you mean because although Jane Austen's novels have been filmed in many different modern settings, who could possibly imagine hospital staff playing out status-conscious husband-hunting, etc.? :)

LOL, sorry Aurelia. I should have explained.
A&E stands for arts and entertainment and does US based cable and satellite programming and originally only did documentaries and biographies and dramas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26E_Network

Here is another link that explains the adaptation of the movie-
scroll down for the reviews of the A&E adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. It was the best version IMO. I am a Jane Austen fan and this movie did her book justice.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112130/

Now back to the Q and A
Q. Do you generally prefer thought-provoking films or mindless fare, or does it vary according to how your life is going at the time?
melissaw
Star Member
Star Member

Postby GJ* » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Have you watched the BBC adaptation from a years back, Melissa? It is great.

My favourite films, I suppose, are thoughtful, up to a point, but I'm more than happy watching mindless stuff. Don't like pretension in films though, or too much cleverness. Don't think the medium can bear it - unlike music or writing. I'm visually fairly shallow, I suppose. Can do the National Gallery in under an hour.

What was the last thing you lost and did you find it where you left it?
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge