Had rosacea since 16...

Want to chill out a bit and just hang out in a rosacea friendly arm chair or sofa ? Slip into something comfortable and come right in.

Had rosacea since 16...

Postby Arod1alx7 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 am

I've had rosacea since I was 16 and I'm almost 19 it has really stopped my social life and have never even had a kiss cuz I don't like people close to my face. I was curious of what should I expect about 10 years down the line? And is there anything I can do to help me? I use some Zenmed creams for my rosacea but maybe there's something better? I work at McDonald's and all the heat from the grill doesn't help
Arod1alx7
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Had rosacea since 16...

Postby fanny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Welcome
I'm sure the heat from the grill does not help, it is one of the triggers of rosacea. Have you seen a dermatologist? Often prescription topicals like metrogel and/or finacea have good results, plus oral antibiotics also show positive results. Being gentle with your face no harsh cleansers etc, cetaphil or eucerin for redness as cleansers and cera ve or cetaphil to moisturise for example, work well and do help. Would keeping a spray bottle of water at work help, to spray your face?
The search bar at the right of the screen is a great way to find information on this forum.
best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Re: Had rosacea since 16...

Postby Arod1alx7 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Welcome
I'm sure the heat from the grill does not help, it is one of the triggers of rosacea. Have you seen a dermatologist? Often prescription topicals like metrogel and/or finacea have good results, plus oral antibiotics also show positive results. Being gentle with your face no harsh cleansers etc, cetaphil or eucerin for redness as cleansers and cera ve or cetaphil to moisturise for example, work well and do help. Would keeping a spray bottle of water at work help, to spray your face?
The search bar at the right of the screen is a great way to find information on this forum.
best wishes
Fanny

I don't like wetting my face because I have creams on and don't wanna wash them off it's why I don't swim either
Arod1alx7
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to The Lounge