Twenty years of rosacea and one day it just vanished

Talk about all other non-prescription topicals here - stuff that you don't need a doctor's prescription to use.

Twenty years of rosacea and one day it just vanished

Postby whimsymimsy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi there everyone,

I would like to share this story with you that I hope may one day change your life also. I have been battling and I mean battling with rosacea for twenty years now and it had literally taken over my life to the point where it became an obsession. I have recently became bold and started experimenting with 'out of the box' treatments as the traditional route of metronidazole gel and whole plethora of antibiotics etc. never even touched the rosacea symptoms I had which the doctor scared me by saying my case was the worst he'd ever seen. Sea buckthorn cream helped me a little and I used this for a while as I had read great reviews on it but my rosacea was still fire red and really sore to the touch. The pimples were not as bad as in my younger days but the skin was getting thicker around my nose and redder. One day, out of the blue I bumped into an old friend of mine and we nipped in for a coffee. She commented how much better my skin was looking but I told her I was hiding it with some new concealer I'd bought and that it was worse than ever. She told me to try proskin rosacea as a lady in her work was raving about how good it was and my friend said she's noticed the womans face was looking better. Cut a long story short i gave this a try and after the first week i was worried because my rosacea flared up (they do warn this can happen on the label). Then I woke up one morning and found pieces of dead skin (gross!) on my pillow and duvet. It was like I'd shed my skin like a snake during the night and my skin was looking 50% better. A week later and my skin was 90% better and now I no longer have to wear make up to conceal my rosacea. Obviously my skin is not perfect yet but this cream is even smoothing out wrinkles and scarring caused by years of acne. It also gives my skin a lovely dewy affect which I love as it makes my skin look younger and more vibrant (plus it seems to hide my wrinkles more). Don't give up hope and if all else fails there are some great rosacea concealers out there. Every cloud has a silver lining you know even if it doesn't seem like that at the time :) I learned a lot from my rosacea and looking back I know it taught me so many amazing life lessons.
whimsymimsy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Non Prescription Topicals