Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Talk about all other non-prescription topicals here - stuff that you don't need a doctor's prescription to use.

Re: Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

"fanny" and "CrabbyCathy" - If things remains the same in two weeks time from now, then I might just consider that, not sure though as I've tried so much in the past. Every treatment I have been on so far has made matters a whole lot worse in the beginning and then it gradually got better (IPL, Candela's VBeam Laser, Salicylic Acid, Finacea, Fungoral and so on).
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 15 (Day 13)

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Still much worse than pre-treatment. My face is literally beet-red, and it certainly haven't been like this in MONTHS. Just how long is this supposed to persist?
Could the treatment potentially produce counter-productive "results".
Something has definitely improved (I can't seem to put my finger on exactly what, many it's the thickness of my skin), but still it doesn't balance out.
I'm guessing a week from now things will hopefully look more up, rather than
what I find myself in now.
Two weeks tomorrow, 10 more to go.
Does this treatment benefit acne at all? If not, then what is my best bet… could it be: Salicylic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Glycolic Acid, over-the counter acne products, home-remedies, perchance laser-treatment, so on and so forth…

I find it very peculiar that some areas on my face are ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS IN BOTH SKIN-TONE, TEXTURE AND FOR ACNE AND BLACKHEADS (upper-part of nose, lower part of cheeks, chin, and over my upper-lip), WHILE OTHER AREAS ARE COMPLETELY STUFFED WITH ACNE, BLACKHEADS, REDNESS AND UNEVEN/ROUGH TEXTURE (most parts of cheeks, forehead has acne, even redness on temples). Maybe the infected areas are caused by an over-production of sebaceous glands? If mites is the culprit of this whole situation, then I just don't get why they would choose to thrive in certain areas, while in other (VERY CLOSE-BY) areas NONE AT ALL. Would it be a good idea to carry out a biopsy of my skin? I do as well have an overgrowth of hair on my upper cheeks, and very tiny one's on my nose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but would it aid me at all to do a laser hair treatment? Would that eliminate the Demodex Folliculorum's, or at least some of them? Come to think of it, the redness started to form shortly after the hair on my upper-cheeks were all grown out. When I get the microscope in my hands, I will pull out one hair-strand from my beard (no redness or any sort of breakouts at all) and one hair-strand from my upper cheek (where the redness is at it's worse), and post photos of what I see through the scope on this very forum. Maybe I'll discover something of importance…

If there were to be such a things as a supreme ruler, then I must have done something awfully wrong to get stuck in this pudding, heh…
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 16 (Day 14)

Postby Gabranth » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:05 am

Now it's been a full two weeks, and I regularly have my ups and downs. The acne has gotten a wee bit better, and so has the blackheads on my nose (nothing stupendous, but better at least).
The redness on temples has improved slightly, while the on my cheeks it has gotten somewhat worse.

I recently found this chart on "Demodex Solution's" website regarding the general recovery for the upcoming weeks (from week 1 to week 12) while on treatment. Here it is (guess I'll have to wait for another two weeks...):

Our demodex treatment features a 12 week course of safe and all-natural medication that eliminates the demodex mites + it heals your skin to prevent future outbreaks by maintaining the sebum secretion levels of your skin, thus creating an inhabitable conditions for the microscopic parasites. Not only will you skin clear up, but it will remain clear with a quick maintenance application twice per month. After 90 days, your skin should be restored, your pores shrunken and normalized, inflammation alleviated, and dryness/itching resolved.

The treatment process and results will vary depending on the individual. Some important factors include: Skin Type, Compromised Immune System, Climate Conditions, and Duration of the Condition. With that said, here’s what’s most commonly experienced during the demodex treatment period.

Week 1:
Itching begins to subside and your skin becomes calmer. In addition, preexisting pimples and bumps begin to shrink and dry.

Week 2-3:
During this period, you’ll experience the most severe breakout of the entire treatment. Your skin will become more dry and clusters of bumps similar to a mosquito bite might surface in affected areas. Don’t become alarmed or disgruntled during this difficult time. If you experience a breakout, it’s due to the dead demodex mites under your skin. As their bodies decay, the demodex produces bacteria inside the follicles of your skin. Once the bacteria is gone, the bumps will disappear and healthy skin will be revealed.

Week 4:
Noticeable improvements to your skin will become apparent.

Week 5-7:
You’ll experience a series of light rashes and breakouts during this period. It won’t be nearly as bad as the initial “die-off” stage during weeks 2 and 3, but it might seem like a setback (it’s not). These breakouts are caused by the decaying demodex mites that recently hatched from the eggs of the demodex parents killed weeks prior. After this group of offspring are eliminated, you’ll begin enjoying clear and healthy skin.

Week 8:
A treatment of 90 days is recommended for total elimination of the demodex mites, but after 60 days, you’ll begin reaping the rewards of your treatment. You’ll start receiving compliments from family and friends on account of your bright and healthy new skin. This is when you know you’re rounding the final stretch.

Week 9-12:
Even though your skin looks and feels completely cured, continue the treatment for 12 weeks.

Week 13 & Beyond:
Although a 90 day course is recommended, it’s important to complete maintenance by applying the demodex treatment 2 times per month. This ensures no new overgrowth of demodex mites and it keeps your skin in optimal condition so you can continue enjoying bright and healthy skin.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 16 (Day 14) - UPDATE

Postby Gabranth » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Acne has reduced as well as blackheads. Skin looks overall more even in texture. The cribbeling sensation is no longer (at the moment) as present as yesterday.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 17 (Day 15)

Postby Gabranth » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Overall, slight improvement.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application nr. 18 (Day 16)

Postby Gabranth » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:40 pm

The redness on my nose has significantly reduced, and a few red bumps are forming on the lower part.
Redness on cheeks still remains very apparent.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 19 (Day 17)

Postby Gabranth » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Looks pretty decent, neither good or bad. Acne is relatively static, not too much happening there (blackheads and nose as well). Redness on most parts of cheeks is still in a pretty bad state. The cribbing sensation is unstable, very much off and on. Not much more to add on my part.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 20 (Day 18)

Postby Gabranth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 am

My skin is more calm, and it feels like I am temporarily starting to improve all-over (for now...).
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 20 (Day 18) - UPDATE

Postby Gabranth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:11 pm

My has become thinner (especially on cheeks and nose), which is great news to me (in other words more even texture).
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby Angy79 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Sounds good! I am hoping for continued succes!
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Non Prescription Topicals