Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Talk about all other non-prescription topicals here - stuff that you don't need a doctor's prescription to use.

Re: Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 pm

It sure does, and I can relate to you completely. For me rosacea has been utterly life-changing in terms of the pyschological/emotional/mental effects it has on me. Of course, I don't mean life-changing in a positive way.....!

Me too. I quitted high-school and, practically disdained the friends in my heart. I try to keep a great of a distance as possible from my closest one's, without seeming ill-amiable. I wish we skin-sufferers could establish an isolate island where we'd receive intensive treatment at no expense... sorta like a interim vacation-resort, a temporary society of our own, heh... Seems a bit far-fetched though (;)
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 10 (Day 8)

Postby Gabranth » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 pm

My skin is dry and flaking. Redness, but no severe skin irritation of any kind (just a slight tingling sensation). Condition is still overall worse, including the acne on my forehead and the blackheads on my nose… On the other hand, I am seeing some improvement in between these paradoxical drawbacks. I am well aware of the fact that there is little to no point in posting daily regarding how good or bad my skin is at the time, but I will still keep on doing the same exact thing, so that others can make use of it as a general guideline concerning the possible temporary outcome during one's period of undergoing this treatment.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 10 (Update)

Postby Gabranth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 am

Seemingly, the the persistent redness on my cheeks is starting to fade away in certain areas.

To soon to tell, perhaps...
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 11 (Day 9)

Postby Gabranth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Condition is has slightly improved since yesterday. Not much more to say really...

I am seeing some improvement and experiencing some detonation, both at the same time, but of course not in the same areas. Both good and bad intertwined.

81 days remaining.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 11 (Update)

Postby Gabranth » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 pm

More acne and blackheads are starting to form on my nose...
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 12 (Day 10)

Postby Gabranth » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Still the same.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 13 (Day 11)

Postby Gabranth » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Same old same old...

I feel a bit at bay, as I am pretty impatient in terms of skin-related issues. I'm hoping to see some positive changes in at least 1 full week from now, though sooner would do the trick as well. Guess I'm just gonna have to balance out my impatience mind-set with something constructive. In regards of my current condition, I'd say it's pretty moderate at least, my skin has sorta gotten used to it's presence, to a certain degree.

Another day goes by, as I wait... in vain, I hope not.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 14 (Day 12)

Postby Gabranth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:41 pm

My skin is a lot worse now, than before I started (mostly on the nose). New redness is starting to form on my nose… Is this really supposed to happen this way? My doubts are rapidly accumulating, as it has now been 12 day since I first started. For me it is very difficult to cope with such circumstances while trying to live out a stable and somewhat prosperous life. Hope this doesn't keep up for much longer, or I just might loose my right mind. I'm very sceptic by nature, so I try making my choices as selective as possible regarding treatments.

Even though this feels like a huge drawback so far, I will still give it three months, and it hasn't even been two full weeks yet, so perhaps I'm just overreacting. I'll try not to let these first few weeks get the best of me, as I hopefully set sail towards good results. To be honest, it almost feels like I'm back on square one…

There are so many reasons to why I absolutely DESPISE rosacea/ and the like! Here are a few of those so called hate factors (in my case):

- I have to sleep for at least 11 hours every night, or else my skin will flare up and look dull for the rest of the day (not to forget dark circles).

- I have to be very careful when it comes to food, I have to be very selective.

- My skin is super sensitive so most products I cannot use, or it will completely mess up my skin for days to come.

- Exercise will stress my skin out.

- Warm-temperatures will inevitably cause my skin to sting and turn red (this happens 8/10 times).

- The PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECT. It has wrought me with grief, handicapped and prevented me (2 years, it has been) from living any kind of a decent/worthy life at all.

And the list goes on and on and on and on…

I hope this down-time won't last much longer, and give me some peace of mind.

I am also planning on buying a microscope, in order to carry out personal tests at home… not having to rely on those CERTAIN dim-witted dermatologists/skin-experts (I have bumped into a few of those in my days, believe you me). I will post footage of the Demodex (Foliculorum and Brevis) mites, such as photos and thoughts. I will put all my efforts to play, and carry out my own research. I am of course not expecting to discover major things, but I will try dedicating myself to it as much as I possibly can (you'll never know what you could find).

I wish I could turn back the hands of time, in order to prevent this from ever happening in the first place (if my fault it was), oh well...

My apologies for all the negativism, my mood apparently works parallel with my skin.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Postby fanny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi
Seriously if it is making matters worse stop using it, I'm not a fan of it gets worse before it gets better. Give your skin a rest, wash with cold water, no moisturizers or any thing else before you start a new regimen. You mention you had used finacea, why did you stop? Alternately metrodinazole has been shown to work well for rosacea.
Have you been back to see your dermatologist? One of the ingredients in ZZ cream is sulfur, there are sulfur based topicals, prescribed, that you could try.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 am

I agree. And the only thing that is worse before it is better is Finacea. Almost anything else I would say is probably not worth it, and harming the skin in some way.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

PreviousNext

Return to Non Prescription Topicals