Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Talk about all other non-prescription topicals here - stuff that you don't need a doctor's prescription to use.

New Website!

Postby Gabranth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:18 pm

I created a new website solely for my blog... Check it out: http://themirrorofdreams.blogspot.com/

It's easier for me to keep track this way, although I will still keep on posting here too.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 4

Postby Gabranth » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 am

Hello.

Today, I have a few intriguing updates to bring to the table...

My skin is actually quite peculiar I must say, and what I mean by this is:

The redness on the very bottom of my nose and certain areas on my cheeks (underneath actually - I do not know the correct anatomical word fore this) is slowly starting to recede/diminish.

In some areas the redness is completely gone, while in others it's a bit worse than previously (not much though).

I recently figured out that I was being way too sparing/frugal on the amount of cream being applied, so I bumped it up a wee bit - this resulted in watery eyes (which is perfectly normal - hence applying it before going to bed... and by closing your eyes the tearing effect of the ointment isn't a bit bothersome - at least not to me).

The first two days were much worse compared to the presence (third day), although I am expecting it to bring me an ongoing misery for the two first weeks (roughly 10 days left).

The current condition of my skin: On a scale from 1-10, I'd give it a 5 (not the cream... what I mean by this is simply how my skin feels and looks today).

Next post will be tomorrow around the same time.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Update...

Postby Gabranth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 am

Yesterday a red rash all of a sudden appeared on the lower-part of my right cheek... but, now it's starting to withdraw (10 hours later).
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 5

Postby Gabranth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 am

My skin is basically in the same state as it was yesterday. Only 85 days left, heh(!)

I'm interested to see which direction this specific ointment will lead me...

Fingers crossed xxx.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 6

Postby Gabranth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm

The red patch that previously developed on my cheek a few days ago has now faded away...

My skin has become more even (forehead, cheeks and nose), and some of the acne located on my forehead is gone (20%).

Contrary to the good news, my skin is still a tad resistant, and the ointment (to some degree ) do cause a temporary inflammation (at least when it comes to my skin), only a mild one though.

In addition to this, my skin is a bit more red in particular areas.

Throughout the day my skin becomes a bit dry and feels tighter, but nothing serious - as I do not feel the urge to make use of a moisturizer. My daily regimen basically consists of two things: Facial Cleanser + ZZ Ointment (reason being - I do not want to overdo it/push my skin to the limit - ergo: I have very sensitive skin).

I will keep on posting daily, and potentially throw in a few updates throughout the day as well.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr. 7

Postby Gabranth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:39 pm

My skin's current condition is equal to yesterday's scenario. Still a tad more red, though the evenness has improved, mind you.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Application Nr.8 (Day 6)

Postby Gabranth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Ups: My skin has become thinner/more flattened-out (especially the cheeks), which are good news and a great aid for my -self-consciousness. My acne has not so much vanished, but instead started to even out (no more elevated bumps).

Downs: My skin tone has become more reddish in some areas. Acne/pimples is once again starting to form/develop on my nose… very slight amount. My skin feels tingly/hot/irritated.

Even though the title states: "Application Nr. 8", doesn't necessarily mean "day 8". I now currently find myself on day 6, not 8 (reason being - the first two days I applied the ointment 2x a day).

Can barely wait till' these first couple of weeks are over and out… (No matter the current situation I'd find myself in, I will still persist for a good three months).
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur Ointment (ZZ Cream)

Postby davem81 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Gabranth,

Maybe this is just me, but I have learnt from painful experience not to place too much emphasis on very short-term observations. This is because several different treatment regimes have brought me very promising results in the first days & weeks (sometimes upto 6 weeks & more), only to eventually 'fail' and produce a crushing disappointment when the flare-up comes. In fact I've just been through this very scenario again in the last two days - after a literally 'spotless' two weeks applying a new product, a major flare has struck :-( So for me, I start getting exciting if a regime is still producing the goods after two months plus. I just haven't found that regime yet............
davem81
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Gabranth » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:19 pm

davem81 - By the way, which treatment are you currently on? I've in the past had the following: Candela's VBeam Perfecta (5 Sessions), IPL (2), Fungoral, Finacea, Salicylic Acid Peels (strength "15%", sessions "5"), and all have brought me one step closer to the seemingly vague finish-line... I used to have spotless and pale as the moon-skin in my earlier days (and I'm only 18), and all of a sudden the tables turned on me.

It all seems like an endless cycle of climaxes and anticlimaxes, doesn't it? My condition has literally shattered every single aspect of my life... Soon I will not know where to turn to, be that if a cure isn't found. I pray you stumble upon success, on this never-ending path... godspeed.

Application Nr. 9

It has now been a whole week since I first started on the "ZZ Ointment", and so far things are going pretty moderate I'd say. Yes, my skin has indeed overall stepped in to a worse state than before I utilized it, although my skin is already starting to show vague signs of improvement, regarding (especially) my skin-texture. As I've already mentioned in some of my previous posts: (dating a few days back) in some regions of my skin the redness has gotten worse, while other areas it is completely gone (these areas are only small patches though, mind you). Acne has definitely gone up a notch, in the wrong direction (this is to be/supposed to be expected I guess). I'll try to keep up the same posting-pattern, a daily one... pray be quick.
Gabranth
Star Member
Star Member

Postby davem81 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Gabranth wrote:It all seems like an endless cycle of climaxes and anticlimaxes, doesn't it? My condition has literally shattered every single aspect of my life...

It sure does, and I can relate to you completely. For me rosacea has been utterly life-changing in terms of the pyschological/emotional/mental effects it has on me. Of course, I don't mean life-changing in a positive way.....!

My current treatment, by the way, is Prosacea. How I got to this actually links back to ZZ cream - I was using ZZ (having sourced it myself), and it seemed to be helping without completely eliminating my flare ups. I also found the 'fumes' very irritating to my eyes, but that's an aside. Anyway, when I told my dermatologist, he was uncomfortable with me using ZZ (I'm in the UK - my derm is wary of unregulated chinese products!), so he started making me up a basic 5% sulphur cream. Again, this was helpful but not totally effective, and it also made my nose very greasy (and I don't need any help with that at the best of times!). This in turn led to me searching out other, hopefully stronger, sulphur products, which led me to prosacea (10%? sulphur). For two weeks it seemed so good, no flares, and it was also helping to dry my oily skin. Then, as so many times before....BANG! Two separate pustules in one day, yesterday! Hence my warning about short-term successes. This has happened to me several times previously with various products. I will persist with the prosacea, it's just not been a nice couple of days - those 'ups & downs' again!
davem81
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Non Prescription Topicals