ALLERGIST QUESTIONS

Seborrheic Dermatitis, or Seb derm for short, can cause dry itchy, red and scaly skin. It can be found together with rosacea making it even harder to treat. Use this forum to get help with your SD.

ALLERGIST QUESTIONS

Postby fortyplusandred » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:08 pm

I have both Rosacea and Seb. Derm. YEA ME!!!! (vangry) I will be going to an Allergist soon and was wondering what questions should I ask her...like do you have a test for too much yeast, candida, or do you test for pH levels, any help about what questions to ask would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
fortyplusandred
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: ALLERGIST QUESTIONS

Postby Peacock » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Provide your allergist with full disclosure.i mention it because I had a neighbor who had allergy testing done and never told the doctor she had cats (for fear she might be allergic and would have to get rid of them)

They most likely will do forearm skin prick test. 12-15 pain free pricks are made and allergic ones will swell and get itchy.
Ask her if she supports food testing. Personally, I didn't go this route but others seemed to have gained insight from the food test.

It you have been keeping a food journal, have your list of trigger foods ready-this will greatly assist her.

Do you have dogs, cats ? Do you sleep with them ?

Ask her ..." is it possible my allergies are being disguised as Rosacea ? "

This is a very important post, please follow up with after your visit !
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Seborrheic Dermatitis