mild rosacea

Seborrheic Dermatitis, or Seb derm for short, can cause dry itchy, red and scaly skin. It can be found together with rosacea making it even harder to treat. Use this forum to get help with your SD.

mild rosacea

Postby rosenose » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:09 pm

hi, i've had mild rosacea for 5 years and have found it difficult to treat it. my doctor has prescribed a bunch of creams that just make it way worse for me so i've stopped using them and mainly just stick to eucerin products these days which seem to keep things at bay but i still get small red flareups on my face when i'm stressed and do have a few small splotches daily. the main nuisance which i can't deal with anymore is the dry flaky skin. it feels like i want to exfoliate real bad but if i do i get bad flare ups so i don't know how to gently remove the flaky skin and if i do it just comes back daily. rosacea stinks. the only think i've ever tried which seemed to cure it was elidel but then they pulled that from the market or somethin.
rosenose
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: mild rosacea

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 am

Have you tried using a few drops of jojoba oil on very wet skin ? this might help restore the moisture barrier that can protect against going all dry and flaky.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: mild rosacea

Postby Mike T » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 am

Elidel is still on the market it was just black boxed by FDA as a possible link to cancer. I have been using it for the past year. I am yet to find an alternative to reduce my redness as quickly and effectively as it does.
Mike T
Moderator Team

Return to Seborrheic Dermatitis