do i have it?

Seborrheic Dermatitis, or Seb derm for short, can cause dry itchy, red and scaly skin. It can be found together with rosacea making it even harder to treat. Use this forum to get help with your SD.

do i have it?

Postby mel63 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 am

My scalp is dry and scaly to a point I can pick the dry patches off my scalp. I also get a few for lack of a better word pimples but not tiny postules but a big almost like a lump kinda thing. Not many but from time to time,for the most part its just dry and flaky.

I use nizoral shampoo a few times a week,seems to work a bit but also makes my hair feel like straw. I am a male and starting to thin so its all the worse.

One thing I do notice is if I wash my hair in the morning, the scalp does no produce natural oil til much later in the day, around 5pm my hair starts to look semi normal/healthier. I have to shampoo everyday or my hair just lies flat and looks even worse.

Women are lucky, because male pattern baldness just intensifies the situation. I guess it could be worse, I am 47 and still have most of my hair,just starting to get a little thin.
mel63
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: do i have it?

Postby Mike T » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 am

Hi

I have been on proscar (propecia) for the last year.

It has completley stopped and reversed my head hair loss.
I take 1/4 tablet a day. Costs around $400 for the whole year.

Main side effects which affects a small % is related libido but I have not experienced this watsoever.

I plan to stay on it till it becomes innefective ( around 10 years I hope)

this is one dru I have taken I am truly happy with. I noticed results after 2 months.

If you are worried about any side effects you can stop the drug at any time and things should reset to normal in a few weeks.

It's not related to rosacea but I thought I'd share.

Also If you have been using Mizoram for a while it may be innefective. Try other antifungals like head and shoulders. You can also use normal shampoos to keep your hair looking healthy after application of antifungal shampoos.

All the best
Mike T
Moderator Team

Return to Seborrheic Dermatitis