"Banish Rosacea" book

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.

"Banish Rosacea" book

Postby edenmarie » Sun May 03, 2009 12:46 am

Has anyone downloaded the book "Banish Rosacea" by Robert Campbell? I'm wondering if anyone has tried his amino acid treatment and, if so, if you've had success with it. Thank you, Eden Marie
edenmarie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: "Banish Rosacea" book

Postby Aurelia » Sun May 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi Eden Marie, and welcome to the group (wave)

Here's a long thread on this subject, looking at it from many angles:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=654

I locked it because people were adding messages best given their own threads, and when a thread is ten pages long, it gets a bit awkward trying to split off the later posts. If anyone wants to resume the discussion, they need only create a new thread titled

"Banish Rosacea" book (2)

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby edenmarie » Sun May 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi, Aurelia,

Thank you for replying. I just sent you a private message before I saw the reply button on this. Sorry if you get this twice, but am just now learning to use this site.

As a professional editor, I tend to be suspicious of anything that contains misspellings, typos, etc., and this guy's ad had several errors of this type. I think I just received a correct diagnosis of rosacea after battling "severe acne" for the past few years -- and after spending nearly $1,000 on a dermatologist who either failed to recognize rosacea when he saw it, or what. (no)

Anyway, thank you again. I will go through your site and check out various threads for help. This is a great site! (yes)

Eden Marie
edenmarie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby LindaAnn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 pm

I, too, downloaded the Banish Rosacea booklet. I am still sceptical that any of this would work. Cathy, you mentioned something in one of your replies about drinking soda (which I never have) and then had to do a cleanse and apply some ZZ etc. I'm new, can you share what it is you do with me.
LindaAnn
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi there!

I found that usually, if I am having a flare, I do a cleanse it can help my skin calm down a bit. Prune Juice, an herbal product you might have, etc. just something to clean you out and during that I try to have fruit, veggies, juices. When I'm done, I have a good dinner.

I don't use the ZZ ointment anymore; I still have it, but it dried my skin out a bit.

My dietary triggers are cola, dairy (which includes chocolate!!!), and spicy foods. Boo.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby LindaAnn » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks for answering. I've heard of the cleanse but they usually last a week and I thought that was what you meant.

I have been cutting out the trigger foods they suggest on most sites like spicy foods, dairy, etc. I don't drink so I didn't have to worry about that. What about yogurt. I used to eat a lot of fat free yogurt, maybe too much I don't know. I also, because I'm 61, have been taking a calcium supplement for years. My bone scan tells me I have the bones of someone half my age so would hate to stop those. Also, I've hard that taking Evening Primrose is good. Have you any comments about any of these things? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks
Linda
LindaAnn
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi!

No way would I have the willpower to do a cleanse for a week. Two days is pushing it for me! Doing a light one now and am dreaming about a salad with chicken that I will allow myself to have for dinner. (rofl)

By all means, stick with the calcium! Especially since you might be avoiding dairy. The supplement form contains the mineral, not actual dairy. And something I always forget, especially if you're not currently taking a calcium supplement and avoiding dairy at the same time (yes, me)--always go for the calcium-fortified OJ, greens such as collard, fortified cereals, rice and soy milks, and canned salmon, etc. with bones. Ewe. But there you are.

Here's the thing, though---for me, dairy is the devil, including yogurt and most definitely cheese. My best friend--eats anything. A co-worker--only frozen yogurt bothers her, not any other dairy. You might try cutting out the spicy food and something else you're fairly sure bothers you, but still have yogurt as usual and just pay attention to your skin. Then you can add another food, perhaps some milk, and see. It's so different for everyone.

I have taken evening primrose, borage, and flax. My favorite was flax. Here are a few links on all three, I think. I stopped because I was testing so many other supplements, but am going to start again!

http://rosacea-support.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1135&hilit=evening+primrose

http://rosacea-support.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=852&p=8147&hilit=evening+primrose#p8147
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby LindaAnn » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks Cathy,

I will check the links. I've been to so many that my brain is spinning...yes, no, yes, no...everyone is different. I am taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules now, just started. My sister swears by them (she doesn't have rosacea, lovely skin) and says they are part of the reason why. Has taken them for years. I used to take them, then stopped! Maybe shouldn't have done that. I will try different things, one at a time and see how it goes. A long process but I'm already realizing what I can and can't have. Of course, I've lost 4 pounds in a week, I tend to do that quickly, so I'll have to watch it!

As for the book we discussed in the first place, he seems to have taken bits and pieces of what other people have tried. I've seen his list of things to do on other sites and didn't have to pay for it. I think people are willing to try anything to see if it helps. I can understand that but you can just try too many things all at once and never know what is really helping.

I appreciate the reply to my questions.
Linda :)
LindaAnn
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:11 am

No problem!

I know, right? You can try too many things at once and either not know what is helping or what is hurting! And me, if I'm having a bad flare, I go mad, buying and trying and reading everything I can, sometimes making things worse.

I think I'll go back to evening primrose too, along with my flax. I do remember my skin not being so dry when taking them.

And (snob) to you losing weight quickly! (;) If only we were all so lucky! Hee hee. With my digestive issues, and the way everything just seems to go through me, you'd think I'd weigh less, but no. (rofl)
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Return to Just Diagnosed with Rosacea