Another Skin Condition to add to the Collection

Have you just been diagnosed with rosacea ? This is the forum for you. You can walk out of the doctor's office with a head full of questions and feeling overwhelmed. Well settle in here and see that you head in the right direction to get some good relief from your symptoms.
PiedPiper
I'm new here
I'm new here

Another Skin Condition to add to the Collection

Post by PiedPiper »

Hello everyone,

I'm a female in her 50s and was diagnosed with rosacea on Thursday. I had assumed this sudden worsening of my usual adult acne was due to the menopause - the regular flushing of my cheeks just added to that theory. Anyway, the doctor quickly told me the real problem and so, here I go again, with yet another skin issue. Eczema as a child, acne as a teen and just continuing poor skin/milder acne throughout adulthood. (blush)

So, in hindsight, reading up on the condition, all pretty obvious. At least having always had poor skin I have no extra self confidence issues. I went through all that as a teen and no longer have the school crowd to worry about. Just picked up Soolantra cream from the pharmacy and thrown out most of the other stuff I was trying, assuming it was acne, as I read that can make it worse. Actually, a few days of just going back to Simple face wash seems to have helped a bit already. Saying that the cooler/damper weather is probably also a factor.

Triggers? Well mostly heat, I think. Don't drink much alcohol but that definitely heats me up and makes it worse so I'm going to drop that for a bit and see what happens. Will certainly keep an eye on possible food triggers but most of the ones on the standard lists I tend to avoid anyway.

I came looking for a forum/group straight away and this one looks great. I look forward to getting to know you all and picking up some useful advice. (bigkiss)