Switch to full style
As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.
Post a reply

Redness progression

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 pm

I have always had a pinkish rediish tone to my cheeks my whole life. In November I got into a go t tub for a few hours and put my head under and all. My rosacea starting flaring in December with burining and getting worse at night time very badly. My face is a darker red now and it's February and I still have the burning. Did that make my rosacea worse permanentely or will it eventually get better after a while of avoiding triggers?

Re: Redness progression

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Welcome
You don't say whether you were prescribed anything, metrogel or finacea are topicals that are often prescribed to help with rosacea symptoms, along with oral antibiotics. Treat your skin gently and avoiding triggers help. As to whether you will have permanent redness I cannot say, however laser treatments like ipl can help with that.
Take care
Fanny

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:39 pm

She hasn't prescribed me anything for it topically of orally. My question is it is 3 months after that and it is still burning and it looks way worse than normal. Will it stay like this or is it still an outbreak or flare up that will clear up?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Sccchmidty wrote:She hasn't prescribed me anything for it topically or orally. My question is it is 3 months after that and it is still burning and it looks way worse than normal. Will it stay like this or is it still an outbreak or flare up that will clear up?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi
You really need to get back in and see your doctor to answer those questions. Also consider going to someone else as that doctor seems to be less than sympathetic.
Best wishes
Fanny

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Yea I am going to I called her and she said it isn't clinically diagnosed as rosacea yet until I am 30 or something but the symptoms are extremely similar and it burns now so I don't know it of will stay this bad or die down you know

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi
To give an age of 30 before she diagnoses it as rosacea is misinformed. By the way, I am not saying that is what you do have, but there are many instances of people with rosacea before the age of 30.
All the best to you
fanny
Post a reply