My constant red cheeks

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

My constant red cheeks

Postby Sccchmidty » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm

I am only 16 years old and have redness on my cheeks. My dad has redness on his cheeks too and I know that this type of disease is hereditary more cases than not. I have looked at past pictures and my skin has had a light pink tone to it with some occasional flare ups but not dark permanent redness. In December of 2012 I have had burning sensations close to everyday and my rosacea has gotten darker and more permanent. It has also been getting bad at night which it never did that before. Could this be due to the weather or is it getting worse? I went to a dermatologiat and she said its not rosacea yet but the redness is horrible and embarising as hell. Is this just a weather thing or what? I mean its never done any of this before so could this be a flare up? Please help?
Sccchmidty
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: My constant red cheeks

Postby fanny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi
I can totally relate, I suffer from the same symptoms. Did your derm prescribe anything? What are you using currently? I have found the less I use the better, a soapless cleanser, mild moisturizer and zinc oxide have worked for me. You might benefit from metrogel and/or finacea.
If you are not happy with your derm please get a 2nd opinion.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Red Face