sulfer shampoo

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

sulfer shampoo

Postby clayboy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 pm

I just read a long post about Prosacea and their active ingredient sulfer 1x. I have had good results with Prosacea and with that in mind has any one tried using a dandruf shampoo that contains sulfer and lather up your face while shampooing?
Cheers, Clay
clayboy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: sulfer shampoo

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:07 am

I think most people who do try this have seb derm. Here's a link to one such thread, where Head and Shoulders with selenium sulfide is mentioned, but if you do a quick search, a few should pop up for you :)

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=767&p=5500&hilit=sulfur+shampoo#p5500
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Re: sulfer shampoo

Postby Mike T » Thu May 05, 2011 11:34 am

Hi,

Note that general shampoos, be they anti-dandruff or not, generally contain a host of other ingrediants apart from the active which tend not to agree with sensitive Rosaea skin - namely SLS.

A way around this is to get a cream compounded at a chemist containing the active ingrediant(s) a aqueous (or equivilent) carrier. Only two or so ingrediants here = much smaller chance for irritation.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Return to Red Face