Increased Redness

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

Increased Redness

Postby rachel1981 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Hello. In March 2010 I was diagnosed with rosacea. My derm prescribed elidel & metro cream to help. My redness is continuing to worsen. I saw my derm yesterday and she said that she won't treat redness. Is this because redness can't be treated? She prescribed new meds (plexica cleansing cloths & rosac cream), which I have yet to try. My cheeks and nose are bright pink 24/7. It's heart breaking to see my face get continuously more red and be told there is nothing that I can do. Do oral meds work better to slow down the progression of the redness? PLEASE HELP. I'm willing to try anything. My face rarely flushes and I eat healthy. Is is possible to get this disease to go into remission or "hidding"? Thank you.
rachel1981
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Increased Redness

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:13 am

Hi there! (wave)

And what?? How can she not treat redness? :O She has to try and help! Can you try and get a second opinion?

Metrocream can treat some of the redness, but it's mainly for the p & p's. Elidel is also supposed to help with redness. Hmmm.

I'm curious as to whether you are avoiding your triggers, whether they be the sun, dietary, or product-wise? My medications help me greatly, but when I abuse my triggers, even they can't help and I begin to flare.

Someone with the same problem shall come around soon and help answer your question (my main problems are p&p, so I'm not much help with the redness), but have a look around this particular section of the thread--there are a few good ones on redness. Here are two of them:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=861

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1903
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Supramom2000 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:06 pm

I have been having good luck with Ivomec, silver (the mineral) and raw honey for bringing down the redness. Also a high concentration zinc cream.
Supramom2000
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Mike T » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Sometimes Rosacea and Sebbhoreic dermatitis can be confused. And many times they occur concurrently.

While some treatments overlap, like honey, elidel and metronidazole, some do not. Mainly the harsh commercial anti fungal shampoos which lead to irritation of sensitive Rosacea skin.

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Return to Red Face