type one rosacea..

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

type one rosacea..

Postby soccersweetie1101 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Hello everyone :)

i have type one roscaea. i dont really get persistant bumps on my face for it to be type two.

i would like to know the BEST perscription for facial redness, wheter its for rosacea specifically or not.

Facts: tried finacea, didnt so S*** :(
on metrolotion and oral eythromycin

thanks!
soccersweetie1101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: type one rosacea..

Postby Mike T » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:28 am

Elidel is a non-steroid containing topical which really helps to keep the redness under control.

Once every 3 days should do the trick.

Some believe that it can have serious side effects though including cancer, however the evidence to support this is weak.

I have been using it on and off for about 1 year.

Probably the best topical to help with the redness apart from steroid creams which are have numerous, proven side effects.

I also took oral clonodine tablets for a while. They blunted my flushing, however i wasn't comfortable with taking them long term so i stopped. I experienced worsening of symptoms for a transition period of about 1-2 weeks. Looking back i probably should have weened myself of them gradually.

regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby soccersweetie1101 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 am

thanks for your reply.
a couple of q's
did you use the pill and the topical simultanisely? and if so how effective were they on redness
and can you get the topical and pill at a dermatoligist?

thankd for your help! :)
soccersweetie1101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi lindsay,

soccersweetie1101 wrote:Facts: tried finacea, didnt so S*** :(
on metrolotion and oral eythromycin

thanks!

How long did you try the Finacea, and how long have you been on Metrolotion and Erythromycin? These things often take months to work and many patients give them up after a few weeks, sometimes just a few days, convinced that they are useless.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby soccersweetie1101 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:13 pm

I used finacea at least 10 weeks, and metrolotion and eythromycin for about a month
Still on metrolotion and eythromycin though
soccersweetie1101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Red Face