Has anyone been tested for blocked veins/arteries?

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

Has anyone been tested for blocked veins/arteries?

Postby spmcc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:05 am

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone has been tested for blocked veins/arteries in the neck like CCSVI? Just curious...

Thank you.
spmcc
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Has anyone been tested for blocked veins/arteries?

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 am

Hello,

A bit confused by your question and how it relates to rosacea? (wave) Usually the problem with rosacea are capillaries that are a bit too enthusiastic, so they work quite well.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby spmcc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 am

I am just curious... CCSVI was recently linked to MS. Because of this theory, some people on MS boards have linked their possible CCSVI with their red faces and intolerance to exercise/heat. Unfortunately, they probably have rosacea on top of their MS :-( , but I was curious if there has been any thought about blocked veins/arteries in the neck slowing down the flow of blood away from the head (ie CCSVI) and this being linked to rosacea?

Who knows... maybe if some people are treated for CCSVI perhaps if they have rosacea there might be reports of some improvement... I can hope!!!
spmcc
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi spmcc and welcome to our group, (wave)

I hadn't heard of CCSVI so googled on it and read that the initials stand for chronic cerebro-spinal venous insufficiency, which is so far regarded as an unproven hypothesis and is viewed with scepticism by most doctors. I didn't notice anything suggesting that it might be related to rosacea. However, if CCSVI does turn out to be true, and if it is related to multiple sclerosis and if it does lead on to a cure, that would be just brilliant for those poor souls.

Would you would like to update this thread if you learn of anything on the subject that does link it with rosacea, please?

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Return to Red Face