1 Cheek Reder

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

1 Cheek Reder

Postby Red Cheeks » Fri May 21, 2010 4:42 pm

I have had rosacea for about 8 years. I have tried alot of different stuff to help it. Some works a bit but eventually my rosacea comes back. I always have 1 cheek reder then the other. My right side always seems to be red but the left is a little pink. Can't figure out why that is. If my right looked like the left I wouldnt make too much of a big deal about my Rosacea. I use la roche posay toleriane dermo cleanser and a glaxal base moisurizer.. I read about these on this forum and I like them.. The last two days I have added L- lysine and Vitamin C to see if it helps.. I use 3000mg of Lysine and 1000mg of vitamin C. Also 25mg of Zinc, 30,000 iu of Vitamin A, 1 B complex, 800 iu of Vitamin E and Vitamin D 3000 iu ... Is there anything I can do to take the redness away form my right cheek.. Any help would be great.. Thanks
Red Cheeks
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: 1 Cheek Reder

Postby Mike T » Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 pm

When I sleep I can't help but lie on my left side.

This brings my left cheeck in contact with the pillow were it rubs for most of the night.

As a result my left cheeck is usually a bit redder than the right one.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby WrinkledClue » Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm

One side of my face has mild to moderate rosacea, and the other side has catastrophic, severe, vascular flushing rosacea.

All my IPL and V Beam docs say that rosacea frequently presents as worse on one side than the other.

In my case, I suspect it's from decades of sinus infections on the bad side that were finally resolved with sinus surgery.

I think the infections caused more blood to be brought to the area, and that over vascularization flushes when triggered.

Recommend you sleep on the good side, so you don't overheat the bad side. You might want to consider lasers on the bad side, too.
WrinkledClue
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby ziggR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:52 am

I suffer from the exact same thing. One cheek looks great and the other is so splotchy and way redder. Do you notice that the same ear tends to be clogged more often, or that side of your face is swollen. I see someone here is talking about past sinus infections. let me know if you find any relief.
ziggR
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Red Face