Permanent Redness

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

Re: Permanent Redness

Postby facial blushing » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am

Hi Kimichu

As someone who has suffered rosacea for over 10 years (first got it in my mid twenties) I am used to 'flare ups' of permanent redness lasting for 10-14 days. Mine mainly affect my nose and not so much my cheeks. Over the past year I have been taking hydrochloride tablets every day which greatly reduced the redness to the point where on some days it is almost unnoticeable. I also have to avoid alcohol as much as possible and spicy foods.

Hope this might help.
facial blushing
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Facial blushing, and welcome to our group (wave)

Would you please be kind enough to tell us why you have posted a link to Robert Campbell's ebook? Are you Mr Campbell, or a sales rep for his book? Are you "Michael Russell", styling himself an "Independent guide to Rosacea", whose name appears at the foot of the blog? The mod team would like to know where you are coming from, thanks.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Matthew » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Kimichu,,
Also interested in your experience with the Finacea. I posted a thread on the 'Prescription Topicals' forum that touched on this product as I also had started using it recently after years of using Metrogel. There was some good comments relating to Finacea use that you may find useful in there.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1956

Forgive me if the posted link is not the correct method to reference another thread. I wish you the best and await your progress report!
Matthew
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 am

Matthew wrote:Forgive me if the posted link is not the correct method to reference another thread.

Hi Matthew,

It is the PERFECT method to reference another thread. Well done!

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 am

Hi facial blushing,

I think a signature to a promotional web site from someone with just 1 post is not the sort of site we are here, sorry to do this, but I have deleted the link for now.

Please feel free to belong to this group and offer what you know to help other rosacea sufferers. The moderators might allow a signature link later when we are sure that you are here to be a regular member of our community.

Hope you understand,
all the best,
davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby facial blushing » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi David

Completely understood. My apologies.
facial blushing
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kimichu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 am

Hello, again!
I'm back to update you guys on how finacea is working for me.
I've been on it for a week now, and my skin is 100% bump free. Feels like a baby's butt!
The redness seems to have gone down a little bit on my cheeks and nose already, so I'm excited to see how much redness it can tone down.
I'll keep you guys posted!
-Kimi
Last edited by kimichu on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimichu
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kimichu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:51 am

Matthew-
Thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to read through everything in a minute.
How's your experience with finacea going?
kimichu
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:48 am

That picture is exactly how my rosacea is but with a lesser shade of red and minimal papules.

Very interested to get a other update on the efectivness of finacea.

Thanks
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby kimichu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm was in the same boat, WhyMe!
That wasn't a picture of me, but my redness is over my cheeks and nose like that (isn't redness on the nose the worst?!), and it was a little less red than that, and it was pretty much smooth and pimple-less.

I've been on Finacea for a little over a month now, and it's doing a wonderful job! It's definitely reduced the flushing. I used to flush ALL the time, and at the most random moments. Now, I can't even remember the last time I flushed! Finacea has completely smoothed out my skin and has kept off black heads and whiteheads. As for the redness, it's undoubtedly a lot less red. My cheeks are almost normal looking now. My nose is still pretty pink, but it's definitely less pink than when I first started Finacea. The bridge and upper half of my nose is normal-colored now, though. So, it's just the base of my nose that's still red. So, It's still a work in progress, but it's pretty early into the treatment, so I'm hopeful!

Normally I'd slather my face in foundation to cover my redness, but now I barely put any on. I'm pretty surprised at how much this cream has changed my life in about 5 weeks. Hopefully, it'll get to the point where I feel I don't have to put any on anymore!

And I haven't had any issues with it yet. My skin hasn't been sensitive to the cream at all (no pain, no excess drying, no excess redness).

If you have any more questions, let me know! Otherwise, I'll come back in a month or when my first tube runs out and I'll give you guys an update!

Good luck with your Rosacea!
-Kimi Chu
kimichu
I'm new here
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Red Face