any suggestions for edema of the cheeks?

As we all know, rosacea is more than just a red face, but indeed trying to treat the redness or erythema associated with rosacea is quit tricky. Use this forum to get the lastest and greatest information.

any suggestions for edema of the cheeks?

Postby jaymee333 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 am

my left cheek is more swollen than the right, any ideas on treatment? i already use finacea once a day and do vbeam. thank you... (sweat)
jaymee333
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: any suggestions for edema of the cheeks?

Postby fanny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi and welcome
It seems that rosacea can affect one side ogf the face more than the other. That being said, are finacea and vbeam working for you and how long have you been using these treatments? Sometimes it will take a while before real improvemment is seen. You could use the search function on this site to see if any other members have suggestions.
all the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby jaymee333 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:20 pm

i have been using finacea for about 2 years now and vbeam longer. It's only lately that i'm noticing my left cheek is more swollen than the right and worry that this is tissue buildup from the flushing. would antibiotics help bring the swellling down?
jaymee333
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby fanny » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi
I think a visit to your derm is needed to see if antibiotics are needed, or something else.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby greengables » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Edema, formerly known as dropsy or hydropsy, is an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the interstitium, which are locations beneath the skin or in one or more cavities of the body. It is clinically shown as swelling

Thorne Research says that the herbal supplement Butcher's Broom has been used for edema. See this page: http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/6/6/608.pdf

Some say it helps redness as well because it constricts the capillaries (those little veins in the face).
greengables
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lady Sophy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Here it is said that "overactive facial blood vessels may cause rosacea":
http://www.ry.com.au/ontrend/redness-on-my-face/
I would like to know more about that if anyone can help me?
Lady Sophy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Red Face