brewer's yeast

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

brewer's yeast

Postby Angy79 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

Hi everyone,

I was doing reasonably well the last months with using zinc cream for my p&p, but since the weather changed into cold winter weather, my skin got drier and drier and I had to stop the zinc cream. I spend hours, days, maybe weeks again online to try and find something else but in the end pretty much gave up and decided to leave my skin alone and try to accept the way I look. Still I kept lingering at the health food isle and the skin care isle in the drugstore and finally decided to try something so obvious I had never tried it before: brewer's yeast pills. I remember my mother used to advise this for acne. I thought "whatever" and bought a bottle. I have now been using it for almost a week and what do you know... it seems like my skin is improving! I haven't gotten any new bumps in a few days and the old ones are flattening out and fading. This could of course be a coincidence, so I will update again in a few days.
Besides the brewer's yeast pills I don't use anything for my skin, I don't use a cleanser, just cleanse my face with water, and sometimes use a simpe moisturizer with no active ingredients when my skin is very dry.

Brewer's yeast contains a lot of b vitamins together with some minerals like zinc, copper,iron and selenium. I take 9 pills of 250 mg each per day (3x3) as recommended on the bottle.

I will let you know how it goes.
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: brewer's yeast

Postby LoisAnne » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 am

Hi Angy,

Do let us know how the Brewers yeast works. It is something that is good for us anyway and it would be wonderful if it helped with P&Ps! I take a b complex supplement but not very regularly. I think I will try to do better with it. It is hard to keep to any kind of a restrictive diet with the holidays coming up so I need all the help I can get!
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Mum3 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:23 am

Hi
Yes it sounds interesting keep us updated!
Good luck!
mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Angy79 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Almost ten days later and I am disappointed to report it didn't seem like the brewer's yeast did anything. My skin is still going up and down like normal and I am back together with the zinc cream.
Sad, but there are worse things in life to worry about right now.
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Sorry that the yeast did not help. I have a big, red papule on my cheek right now and I cannot figure out what I did differently that would have caused it. Just happens, I guess. I hope the "worse things to worry about" right now are not in your personal life.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Angy79 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm

It can be so frustrating to see how your skin lives it's own life and there's nothing you can do about it, right?
There were some issues in my personal life that bothered me, but they are resolved now. Thanks for caring :)
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Mum3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Dear all
Well dont worry maybe you will find something else that works for you. Maybe stress made the outbreak.

I am tryin some different oils for my face as the cold weather here in Sweden really dries out the skin.
I am waiting for hemp seed oil from the UK and also bought some sea bucktorn oil as I heard so much good about it, but the Sea buckthorn oil is very expensive here in Sweden.
Let us hope for a great 2013 with cure for rosacea (God willing). (yahoo)
Take care all!
mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Papules & Pustules