P&P's... please help

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

Re: P&P's... please help

Postby LoisAnne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks to both of you. I certainly get itchy bumps and shiny, hard red ones. So lovely. (shocked) I will certainly pick up some zinc oxide cream next time I am at the pharmacy. I hope it is not difficult to find some that does not have other ingredients.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Re: P&P's... please help AND SUNBLOCK

Postby susankarami » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi, I have used many zinc "creams" they all made it worse because of the added ingredients. Don't waste your money. Most over the counter products have added ingredients which will make it worse. PLEASE purchase pure zinc oxide powder AND mix it in the palm of your hand, add a little tap water for a slightly thick paste. Put it on before you go to bed. You can order the zinc oxide powder at http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Zinc-Oxide-p196.html or an even less expensive site (way lower shipping charges)which I just started ordering from http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=609. Don't get the high micron zinc. IMO, doesn't work as well and has nano particles. DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH OVER THE COUNTER OR SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCTS OR EVEN PRESCRIPTION PRODUCTS. THIS IS LIKE A MIRACLE!This will cost you way less (a few bucks and you can try the sample size)than buying an over the counter product and will last forever. You won't have to switch from product to product because it makes your rosacea worse. I use zinc oxide for all irritations I may get. Even if I get a pimple I put it on. I used to mix the zinc oxide with vaseline but it clogs my pores. Try just with water first. Doesn't dry out my skin. It is like a miracle. I am so happy with it. Calms all redness, makes all the little bumps go away, makes your face smooth as a baby.
Another thing I experimented with is sunblock. Every one made my face break out with rosacea even the ones specified for sensitive skin. I don't like the ones specifically for rosacea as they are too heavy and greasy. I found that Coppertone Sport Ultra spray SPF 30 does the trick and using it for years with no problem.. Even though it has a high alcohol content it is fine. I spray it in my hand and apply it to my face. I think its because it is not moisturizing (it is oil free) it does not penetrate into the skin, just lays on top as a barrier. There are other sunblocks that lay on top but they are all greasy.
This is what works for me. I also have a bag of pure sulfur powder from makingcosmetics.com. I used to put it on really bad acne breakouts it is also a miracle powder. No need for it anymore(although I still have a huge bag full of it) as I have everything under control now with my coppertone, zinc oxide powder and cuticare sulfur soap I use every time I wash my face and in the shower. Another pretty awesome soap is dermazinc. THE BEST!!No lanolin, no fragrance.I think it has an olive oil and oatmeal base, I forgot. I am not obsessed with this stuff anymore because I found my fixes and stick with them. BTW, now I can wear any cosmetic I want without breaking me out in rosacea. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear stay put all day foundation.That stuff doesn't budge and covers all redness. If it irritates my skin at all while wearing it (I don't feel like it does and it looks great) then the washing of my face with cuticare to take it off at nite must calm it back down cause it looks fine all the time. No more rosacea bumps. I remove the makeup by slathering cuticare on my face then with a makeup removing washrag (the one with fibers they sell them at bed, bath and beyond and I think bodyshop or any of those places)The washrag cancels the need for a makeup remover which may irritate. Thats it. My rosacea is 100% under control now and has been for a long time.So these are what have worked for me: Cuticare sulfur soap which I get from their website http://www.cuticareproducts.com/CutiCar ... 201001.htm. Wash with it in AM. Then Coppertone Ultra spf sport spray sunblock SPF 30. Then Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation-THE BEST FOR COVERING REDNESS AND LASTS ALL DAY. YOU MUST BRUSH ON A SHADING POWDER WHEN YOU WEAR THIS AS IT BLOCKS OUT NOT ONLY ALL REDNESS BUT ANY NATURAL SHADOW YOU HAVE. I use my Mac powder eyeshadow to do this because they last all day too. I take a powder brush and swipe it over and under my eyes, and on the sides of my face under my cheekbones. Put a shader in all hollows of your face which shadows naturally appear. If you don't do this your face will look round with no natural shadows. I use a very light (matte)shade of mac, the very lightest shade of taupe for shading. I have two that I use-Quarry and Aria.(not sure if they are made anymore).Your face will look flawless-I promise you! Dot the foundation in little dots and blend in fast and well. Then I put whatever blush on top of that.(I use Lorac pink) Thats it! No need for concealer as you can layer the Doublewear to conceal.. No need for powder because the foundation is matte. That is my regime!!Good luck!!!
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby fanny » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Thank you for your extremely helpful post. I appreciate the time you spent to lay everything out.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby susankarami » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 pm

You are welcome! Let me know how everything works out.
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:09 pm

I have ordered a small amount of the zinc oxide powder from the second site you mention. Even if it does not work for me, I am not out much since it was so tiny as to be pretty cheap and shipping is not bad. Will let you all know how it works for me.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby susankarami » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 am

Great!! Can't wait to hear what you think. When I make the paste I put just enough water to make it smooth enough to put on my face but not too much that it becoomes translucent.
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby susankarami » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:19 pm

LoisAnne wrote:I have ordered a small amount of the zinc oxide powder from the second site you mention. Even if it does not work for me, I am not out much since it was so tiny as to be pretty cheap and shipping is not bad. Will let you all know how it works for me.

Hi, how did the zinc oxide work?
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby LoisAnne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, I never got to try it. I had clicked on "notify me for my credit card number" because this was a new company and I was a bit leery of using my credit card. Over the next few days the company did call me but each time I was out and missed the call. I tried calling the number on my called ID and got a voice mail saying that they did not answer phone calls in the daytime. (which I thought a bit odd).
Finally, after they tried 3 times to reach me, I got an email saying they had cancelled my order. So........
I recently bought some diaper rash paste called Boudreau's Butt Paste that has 40% zinc oxide and little else so I can see it that works. I assume you had no trouble with the company or your credit card when you ordered from that cheaper company?
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby susankarami » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 am

No probs at all from the cheaperm company.I have since then placed several more orders.

I am wondering what the other 60% of the butt paste is?
I found that any other ingredient can be an irritant andnot let the zinc oxide work toits full potential becasue mthe zinc oxide is busy trying to counteract the effects from the added ingredients,
i am curious how well the pure zinc oxide (mixed w/ a bit of water)would work.
susankarami
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby LoisAnne » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 am

The Boudreaux's Butt Paste (max strength) contains 40% zinc Oxide, and inactive ingredients of Castor oil, paraffin, peruvian balsam and petroleum. It is very thick and white! I don't have real sensitive skin on my face so those other ingredients probably won't hurt me. But, if it does nothing, I will try to order the other stuff again.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Papules & Pustules