Try this product.....over the counter-- Prosacea

This is the part of rosacea that can be mistaken for acne - those lumps and bumps that look like teenage acne, but are actually rosacea lesions. These symptoms can often be the easiest part of rosacea to treat. Drop in here for more information.

Try this product.....over the counter-- Prosacea

Postby patricia49423 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:16 pm

It really works... Try it......
patricia49423
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Try this product.....over the counter-- Prosacea

Postby Janey » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Patricia

I tried to get the over the counter product prosacea in Boots at lunchtime but the pharmacist could not find it.
Could it also be known by another brand name, can you let me know.

thanks.
Janey
Janey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby hikari » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:52 am

I found Prosacea tonight at Walgreens. It is in the aisle with bandaids and infection creams. It is only $9.99.
hikari
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby DIVA » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 am

Hi..did prosacea help u get rid of the P&Ps? (wave)
DIVA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby davem81 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:34 pm

DIVA wrote:Hi..did prosacea help u get rid of the P&Ps? (wave)

I'm about 3 weeks into trying prosacea, and I suffer almost exclusively with P&P's. So far, it seems to have caused me a large flare up, but that could be a good thing?! I will share any further updates as I go on.
davem81
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby RMR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

I used prosacea with no visible results. I did not experience any decrease in p & p's. The product is zinc based and might be helpful for some but did not me help me.
Diagnosed in 1999, had acne since junior high school. Have always thought about taking accutane.
RMR
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cinder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:52 pm

I used Prosacea as well, and didn't have any measurable result, IMO. I hope it works for you.

So far, the only thing to get rid of my P&P's has been 50mg Doxycycline (SP?) and Finacea.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby davem81 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 pm

RMR wrote:I used prosacea with no visible results. I did not experience any decrease in p & p's. The product is zinc based and might be helpful for some but did not me help me.

It's actually sulfur based, not zinc based.

I've been using this product daily for approx. seven and a half months. It's actually, in one way, been very effective for me however it took months before these results became apparent. At one stage before I realised the success, I was within days of discontinuing and writing the product off. I intend to elaborate on my experience in another post shortly - sadly it's not all good news though.
davem81
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby wishingforhelp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Tried this product for the last 6 days. And this is my first issue with Rosacea. (Just officially diagnosed yesterday after a life-time of clear skin!) Prosacea did dry up all papules and pustules and was very drying to my skin. My skin actually is flaking off after using it this week.) However, it did nothing to prevent the new p&ps from appearing. Again, I am new. So I don't even know if there is a treatment to "prevent" the new p&ps. Very unsettling! Funny how the other side of the grass looks greener. I always "wished" for a prettier complexion than I had. Now in retrospect, I would LOVE to have my skin and complexion back!!! It was nice and i didn't even know it!
Diagnosed 6/1/13 (great skin before!!)
Metronidazole 0.75% in the AM
Finacea Gel 15% in the PM
II Papulopustular (mainly papules or pustules & central facial redness)
Shirley
Pennsylvania
wishingforhelp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 am

I also couldn't believe how once you cleared one set of papules and pustules more would seem to appear overnight.

Very frustrating.

The way I understood it though was that I was only covering over the real problem of inflammation that was leading to new lesions.

Once I had calmed the skin down new p&ps formed much more rarely.

The thing is to find what is causing the inflammation - is it your skincare regime, sunlight, flushing ? This helped me I think, getting the whole skin less stressed which eventually lead to less lesions.

all the best,
davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Papules & Pustules