msm topical use

Feel like reflecting back on a postive experience in dealing with rosacea ? Had some success with treatment and you want to encourage us all ? Please leave a note here and give us all, especially those just diagnosed some encouragement.

msm topical use

Postby Marlene » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi, desperate after severe breakout I purchased msm powder and made a rough paste with just water and powder. Plastered it on my very red, sore face which was full of bumps. It burned and stung but after an hour my whole face 'relaxed' and my skin calmed down. I rinsed the paste off after about four hours and there was an amazing improvement! I reapplied the paste before going to bed and left it on the whole night. Next morning I almost burst into tears of joy at seeing the 70% improvement. Redness gone, face calm and severe 'acne' almost not noticable anymore! I went to health shop and bought the pure crystal msm and after repeating the process I can now see a 90% overall improvement. This took two days! It does dry out your skin somewhat so the second night I first used a vit C serum and then applied the paste. The paste is rough and grainy and you could probably improve it by mixing it with aloe vera gel, but I am happy with the paste.
Hope this helps!
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: msm topical use

Postby Marlene » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:40 am

[quote="Marlene"]Hi, desperate after severe breakout I purchased msm powder and made a rough paste with just water and powder. Plastered it on my very red, sore face which was full of bumps. It burned and stung but after an hour my whole face 'relaxed' and my skin calmed down. I rinsed the paste off after about four hours and there was an amazing improvement! I reapplied the paste before going to bed and left it on the whole night. Next morning I almost burst into tears of joy at seeing the 70% improvement. Redness gone, face calm and severe 'acne' almost not noticable anymore! I went to health shop and bought the pure crystal msm and after repeating the process I can now see a 90% overall improvement. This took two days! It does dry out your skin somewhat so the second night I first used a vit C serum and then applied the paste. The paste is rough and grainy and you could probably improve it by mixing it with aloe vera gel, but I am happy with the paste.
Hope this helps!
Update: two and a half days after first use there is a 95% improvement. Still one hotspot that has been burning almost my entire life and for that nothing works better than rubbing an ice cube over it. My skin is soft and hasn't looked this good in years. MSM not a cure but for me miraculous improvement in desperate case. I will probably need to use the sticky paste for rest of my life, but small price to pay. Please ask if you have any questions! The relief I feel is overwhelming and I wish every Rosacea sufferer can be helped.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Marlene » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi, I've just read the info on Soolantra. I've achieved the same results within 3 days using only a paste made from msm powder/crystals on my face. After one week my skin has cleared up 99% and I will never try anything else again.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Marlene » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:59 am

I'm grateful and overwhelmed by the improvement to my skin and sincerely wish I could help other Rosacea sufferers. The main triggers for me is heat, humidity, sun and intense exercise and since using the msm paste have had no new outbreak in spite of enduring all of the above. The way I use it is : at night I wash my face (any cleanser is good but one with tea tree oil the best) and then use moisturiser. Wait a few minutes and apply msm paste all over, even on skin under eyes. Wait until it's fully dried on your skin and then very gently rub off the excess dried white crystals with your fingers (otherwise it will end up on your pillow!) and rinse off with luke warm water next morning. If Rosacea is very bad you can do this whenever during the day and just rinse your face before going out. I've had remarkable improvement from Level 4 Rosacea to completely clear skin in one week. I use msm pure crystals;symply put one teaspoonfull in palm of my hand and add few drops of water to make paste. Then simply plaster it on my face. Don't dilute too much, leave it still a bit grainy. I know msm is not a cure, but please try it. I've done laser, red light therapy, Rosex gel, tea tree oil and hydogen peroxide with hardly any improvement. I have found hemp seed oil to be very good, non-comedogenic moisturiser and ice cubes also calm my skin. At the moment I only use the msm. Good luck to all.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Krondika » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:49 pm

What is msm?
Krondika
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Marlene » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 pm

MSM is an organic form of sulfur. Methylsulfonylmethane is available at any health shop and comes in powder or crystal form. Fairly inexpensive; loads of info if you just google msm.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Marlene » Sat May 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Five weeks later and my skin is still clear! I use the msm powder 'mask' every night and have been able to go on a one hour hike in full sunshine with no breakout! I've had to stop hiking completely because of the disastrous rosacea breakout which always followed! I've only had a few tiny 'pimples' since starting the msm and then I just literally douced them with msm. You can also use it during the day over sunscreen; just dilute the powder a lot and then wipe off excess crystals when dried. The msm has changed my life dramatically and I can even use a face scrub again. Good luck to every rosacea sufferer out there. I feel for you. Hope you can all resolve your rosacea.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Marlene » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi, another update: the MSM powder still works very well for me, but I've made a great discovery. I started to use Schweden Bitters for indigestion and heartburn three days ago and since then fantastic improvement in my skin!! No sign of Rosecea at all and all the burning has gone. Got into a very stressfull situation today and instead of my usual reaction of severe flushing, I only had a short lived, very moderate flush and no redness afterwards! Too soon to stop the MSM treatment, but I'm already using only about half the amount! I only use one teaspoon of the Bitters in a large glass of water per day. Sip it before and after meals and last mouthful before bed.
Marlene
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Success Stories