So worn out from this

How we view ourselves, including our face is an important part of our overall health. Use this forum to discuss psychological aspects of having rosacea such as depression and anxiety for example.

So worn out from this

Postby Redfacegirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:00 am

Being alive 15 years has been enough for me. I've never thought death would sound so calming. I'm tired every second I feel so worn out from my face being bright red all day. I need a break. It's only been 9 months and everyone who has been dealing with rosacea or any skin problem for years you guys all amaze me. I love hearing success stories they make me have hope but also make me feel so sad that I'm stuck like this. I wish I could go back 9 months ago and look in the mirror. I would take back everytime I obsessed over just a couple pimples. I can't even remember what I use to look like. Before the redness and this depression. I want to be happy soo badly but rosacea is making sure I don't. I feel horrible because other people in the world have it so much worse. But I just can't keep doing this every single day. Everyday I can't wait til I get to go to sleep again. I love sleep because its the only time I am happy. The only time I don't have rosacea. The only time I can actually look at myself. The only time I am calm and not thinking about my rosacea or seb derm. :-(
Redfacegirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: So worn out from this

Postby fanny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi
I totally relate, that is how I was before taking antibiotics. Since taking them I no longer have flushing or a bright red inflamed face. Keep going back to the doctor until you get something that works.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby fanny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:59 pm

PS If you are having suicidal thoughts please reach out to a friend, counsellor, family member or someone professional-PLEASE
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Singapuracat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am

Hi

As Fanny said, keep with the treatment you have been prescribed, but if you are finding that it isn't working then you need to go back to your doctor and try other options.

There are loads of great resources on this site some of which may also help you.

If you are feeling like taking your own life, please please talk to somebody about it. Yes there will probably be always somebody 'worse' but that really doesn't matter because it is how any condition such as rosacea affects you and makes you feel.

If you can talk to a trusted family member or friends about how you feel and who can help support you as well.
Singapuracat
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Great advice and welcome singapuracat!
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby royS » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:01 pm