YumaLite?

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

YumaLite?

Postby goldenticket » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:43 am

I won something called a YumaLite, for seasonal disorder when you don't get enough sunlight. It is a light therapy device in a visor to deliver either white and red light. After I received it, I thought I might not want to use it due to my rosecea. I was surprised to learn light is a treatment for rosacea. My Dr. has not prescribed light treatment, I am on Metrogel, Orecea and trying the Mirvaso (might have that kickback after 12 hours).
It says the white lights emit 800 lux and the red lights emit 80 lux. Can I get some opinons on if this is suitable for use if I have rosecea?
goldenticket
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: YumaLite?

Postby oldredlady » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Congrats on your win! I don't know a lot about light therapy, though I have heard red light treatment is good for rosacea. Have a red light myself and used it for a few months, but I didn't notice much difference in my permanent redness, though I've read of others who've had success with red light therapy. You might want to search the forums for red light therapy (or RLT) to see what members have to say about it.

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)