RLT or Yellow Light therapy...or both?

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

RLT or Yellow Light therapy...or both?

Postby spencer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi,

I posted last year about purchasing an LED machine with both RLT and YLT. I began using it last year and found it a bit too much for my skin at the time. The RLT seemed to be more of a problem. I have decided to try it again after it has been sitting in my closet for the last 9 months or so. My question is whether I should use RLT or YLT and for how long? Can these lights be used together? I know Aurelia gave me some great answers to these questions last year, but my research has revealed that red light and yellow light can be used together. Hmmm...At the moment I am using red light for 5 minutes and yellow light for 1-3 minutes with no adverse effects. I have the option of using either red or yellow light or using them together. I think I've given myself too many options! (;) When I use red alone, my skin does get a little more irritated than when I use red + yellow or yellow alone. I am therefore tempted to do the red/yellow combo and then a bit of yellow alone. If anyone has any input or suggestions, it would be much appreciated!
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)