nothing on your skin?

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

nothing on your skin?

Postby mel63 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I just purchased a DLP machine and would like to know if you can have any moisturizer on your skin before treatment or not to use anything. Could it block the penetration if there is any type of barrier on your skin.

I use a rosacea moisturizer after washing or my skin gets dry and blochy.
mel63
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: nothing on your skin?

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:58 am

I tried it once after only applying green tea as a toner, and my skin did NOT react favorably. Now I always make sure to have a light layer of my regular moisturizer on (Cerave).
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Re: nothing on your skin?

Postby oldredlady » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 am

I currently don't use anything on my skin except tap water and have no problems with using my red lamp 20 min. a day. I do have some minor dryness in the rosacea areas (upper cheeks/cheekbone areas), but that's just part of my condition, I don't believe it has anything to do with using the lamp.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)