Considering purchasing a red light machine

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Re: Considering purchasing a red light machine

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:06 am

I'm going to paraphrase, since my book is in the other room, but Dr. Leslie Baumann said something how in people without rosacea, their blood vessels can constrict and expand normally. Ours lose the ability to constrict and just stay "expanded", hence the redness that can be seen, particularly in fair-skinned individuals.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Cathy, thanks, I didn't realize that. I wonder why this happens? As far as I know, I don't have any other circulatory problems and my BP has always been on the low side. Odd and a puzzle for sure...

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 am

Well, it's part of rosacea--our teeny blood vessels (in our face) are "over-active", so to speak, plus we usually have thin, fair skin where everything shows. I don't think it has anything to do with circulatory problems (of the body) or blood pressure.
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 am

Hi Cathy, that makes sense to me, as I've always joked I could be the transparent model for the anatomy class, as you can see every blood vessel everywhere, not that it bugs me, only the facial redness is problematic.

Still using the red Acnelamp 20 min. daily and have a question for those who've used the Acnelamp: how long did it take before you started to see visible results? Not that I'm in a rush or anything, but it's been over a month now of daily usage and I've yet to see any visible results, (though I've been thinking, and hoping, it's working under the surface in the meantime). :)

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:21 am

You too? I swear you can see every vein in my body, especially my arms, neck and chest. Co-workers joke "wow, I could start a really good IV on that one!" Stay away from me, people (;)

Okay, here's a post where I said I bought my lamp in late June, and Artist answered that I should see results by mid-August :) So maybe another month?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=699&start=20
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:23 am

LOL, Cathy! :) Twins! (hug)

Thanks for the link, am going to check it out. I can wait another month, no problem, just as long as it works it will be worth it. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby oldredlady » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 am

Still using the red Acnelamp 20 min. daily, and while I haven't noticed any appreciable progress to date, my Mom swears I look paler/less red, so that's something. :)

Also taking vitamins/supplements daily, IMHO they help health-wise, whether or not they're rosacea specific.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Mike T » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi,

that's great news.

For the long term, see if you can substitute equivilent food sources for the suppliments you are taking, if possible.

Along with assimilation benifits the long term consequences of natural food intake are more clearly understood.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Mike, thanks, that's a good idea, will have to look more into this.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby oldredlady » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 am

Update: Still using the Acnelamp all red lamp 20 min. daily and taking vitamins/supplements. Had a bit of a p&p outbreak recently, (chin area, the usual), not sure why, but am getting it under control.

Regarding redness, sometimes it looks better to me, sometimes not, I wish I could tell for sure. My skin seems to look better in natural light than artificial, which makes me think perhaps the redness is healing a bit, also skin tone in the rosacea areas is pretty much back to normal/oily like everywhere else, knock wood, rather than dry and flaky, a big plus.

Can't wait til the two month period, am looking forward to even more progress, will keep you posted. :)

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)