Considering purchasing a red light machine

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Re: Considering purchasing a red light machine

Postby amethystice215 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:39 am

Thank you, I have done so much research on drs here that do laser and it seems the one I am going to is pretty knowledgeable and even said that the Vbeam has even put some peoples rosacea in remmission. I have only had two treatments done but feel as the capillaries have gotten worse so am worried about getting another Vbeam done, I look pretty good the the second/third week after having it done then back to the way it was. He is very affordable which i like, only $150 per treatment, whole face and will go over certain spots more than once for me. I am just wondering if Ipl would be more beneficial in the long run or to keep on with the Vbeam ,or alternate between IPL and vbeam.. I just don't know, I am so frusterated. and the IPL photofacial sessions are 375$ and can't afford many of these.
amethystice215
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 am

What did he say about the skin seeming to be worse afterwards, or rather, going back to the way it was?

I've read that most people get a long series of V-Beam, like 10 treatments or so....?

My IPL person said that if my next IPL didn't provide more visible results, she would recommend NOT getting anymore and going for a different laser (V-Beam) rather than wasting money on more IPL's, which I thought was nice of her.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:49 am

When I had V beam done I had four or five sessions/treatments, after which the capillaries were almost completely gone; they came back over the next several months, but I did have a few good months in between. My guess (only a guess) is that if the V beam isn't helping after a few sessions with an experienced practitioner, maybe you need to try something else. What does your derm. who does the V beam recommend?

I know I need to quit smoking, as everything I read says it can promote capillary formation, I only wish I had the guts to do it, instead of just thinking about it endlessly.

Good luck and (hug2) ,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby amethystice215 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 pm

He said that it would not cause more caps to appear and that it also doesn't cause large pores. the nurse told me that he just said the vbeam he is using is top of the line for broken caps and that this is the type of laser he would still recommend to use, that sometimes it can take more than two treatments for them to go away, but NONE have went away is my concern... the nurse also said that i may be seeing more capillaries because I am not fllushing like i used to as well wish makes sense.. i just want these ugly vein/caps gone so i can feel comfortable being out around people again.
amethystice215
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Previous

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)