Red Light Therapy

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Red Light Therapy

Postby Looie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi Looie here..again!

Thanks Cathy on the exfoliating/tea tree oil advice. As you know I have been toying with the idea of IPL but V V scared! So instead am thinking of buying a red light therapy device. Can anyone recommend where to buy, a particular type, size, wattage to get,is a hand held device good enough or one of the larger ones you sit in front of. Also for how long each day do you use it? I have so many questions about rosacea I think I could burst! Some of you more knowlegable members should do a world wide rosacea road show!!

I have to go down the route now of testing for trigger foods - didn't think I had any but my friend made me a thai seafood curry the other night, felt quite hot and flushy almost straight away and next morning...boy my skin has never been so ruddy and flushed! Good god I love my food as well...... (tears)

Also to cheer up all you rosaceans who hate your red face - I was talking radomly to a work colleague who said "You have such lovely skin" - I of course nearly fell over replying how much I HATED my skin and she replied "oh no, it's lovely you are a typical English rose"! (blush)

Thanks again, Looie xx
Looie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Red Light Therapy

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:09 am

Have you checked the specific section on light therapy? Here is the link :) I personally have the single-head acnelamp, but wish I had saved for the two-head one.

viewforum.php?f=22
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Re: Red Light Therapy

Postby oldredlady » Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 am

Just purchased a single head all red lamp from Acnelamp, not the cheapest around, but it's a b'day gift and I wanted the best and it seems to have worked for a number of forum members. :)

I feel for you, really, being 43 and having permanent facial redness, (as I do), is no fun. Funny, but everyone I know is worried about wrinkles. I smoke heavily, (bad, I know, but it's a hard habit to break, as I've tried to quit at least a dozen times over the past 27 years), but have no wrinkles whatsoever, which almost makes me feel worse, as I feel like I could do something about wrinkles, but this redness really stinks. (vangry)

I have my fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed that the Acnelamp will help with the redness, especially the redness caused by broken capillaries which seem to be multiplying by the day. I've tried IPL and V beam lasering, both seemed to help with capillaries short term, but long term the capillaries came back and brought friends, so I'm not sure I'd recommend lasering unless you have deep pockets and can afford multiple treatments.

I take multivitamins daily, Vit. C, zinc and l-lysine (recommended somewhere, can't remember where now) and turmeric capsules (recommended by some forum members as being helpul). I don't see where they've done much for my rosacea but I'm hoping they'll bring internal benefits which will, eventually, show up on the outside, too. :)

Good luck and best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)