21 leds comum lamp

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

21 leds comum lamp

Postby stringal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 pm

hi , i am from an poor situation and canot afford to buy any af the devices specificaly made for treatment ... but i found an comum lamp for comun 220 v home electric desk ligters , and yes i am using it ! the ligth i use is yelow i am still testing this . what i ask is this : the lamp has no specifications except for the color and 1w consunption , so is there any riscs involved ? how diferent is an comum 21 led lamp from the medical devices ? i am very carefuly using this i ligth it only for 2 3 minuts and always moving the desc ligther and i do close my eyes ... so far i do not feel anithing ... can anione help me , am i in some danger here ???
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: 21 leds comum lamp

Postby Aurelia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi stringal and welcome to our board (wave)

Sorry but I am unfamiliar with the term "comum lamp" and doubt any of our members would be able to answer your questions about it.

Frankly, I would strongly recommend booking an appointment with your physician and taking along the lamp and asking the doctor's opinion on whether or not it is likely to help or harm you. I hope it will prove to be completely safe, but always better to be safe than sorry.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby stringal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:21 pm

oh... i, thanks , i am from portugal , i buy the lamp on an comum lamp shoop it is an lamp made in france and it has 21 leds on it it cames on four colors ... nothing more do i know . the opinion you gave is quite prudent i will try to do that ! many thanks .
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby stringal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

oh yes , sorry i serch on the web and you are rigth " comum " is an portuguese word meaning ordinary or normal ... many excuses ... well i am just an" comum "person ... so what i do mean is i found an usual use lamp and because is made by leds i conclud i can use it , in fact it coust me 8 euros ... and an devise for the same leds ( i think are the same...) cousts 200 euros ... sorry sorry
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi

i am assuming you mean to say that you purchased a "common" led
desk lamp with 21 LEDs and are using this as a Rosacea treatment.

From my experience I am not familiar with any positive effects yellow led lights have on Rosacea. I believe the most effective led lights are those which are "red" and have a wavelength of around " 760nm".

If my earlier assumptions are correct I don't think you are in any immidiate danger by exposing yourself to the led light. You should however try and purchase sun tanning goggles to protect your eyes (relatively cheap) in the long run.

My best advice would be to do as Aurelia has suggested and express your concerns to a dermatologist or atleast your general doctor.

Remember that it takes a while to see results from this treatment particularily if you are using an led product not designed for the application.

All the best
Mike T
Moderator Team

Postby stringal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:05 am

oh yes ! common that is the rigth wort indeed . thanks for your advice , i am using the yellow ligth because i think it is safer or weaker nekest fase i will go to the red lamp ... it is for now just an experiment to see if i feel any disconfort , i am using only one time day and i reduce from 3 minuts to 1 minut only i have an feeling of dry on the skinn it sems unlikely to be an burn like feeling because there is no redness and the lamp is cool ...i do use this for 8 ays now ... but still i do feel this some how dryness... beside this i am no beter and no worse ... the glasses i will serch the web to see if i can find it on my country . many thanks
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 am

Hi stringal,

Please don't apologise. We are also just plain "common people", so you're amongst friends! (hug2) Also, a very dear pal of mine lives in Lisbon so I have an affection for the Portuguese. (If I had my way, Mario de Carvalho would be the next winner of the Nobel prize for literature.)

A lamp with 21 LEDs would be quite weak, which is why big skin treatment lamps may have hundreds of little bulbs. That explains the big difference in price.

On the other hand, yellow LEDs are supposed to be much more powerful than other colours, so are generally used only for a few moments at a time, as you will see from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2625

Aurelia wrote:... people generally say that yellow light works far more quickly, although that might be because few people buy yellow lamps for home use so mainly only see it in medical practices, university clinics, etc., where the large, professional machines have massed banks of bulbs. For example, in the RSRP interview, Dr Goldberg said of the machine in his clinic, "Yellow LED treatments take only seconds", and last year we spotted an article about clinics that said a single, standard treatment session with the massed bank of GentleWaves amber lights took "less than one minute".

http://www.consultingroom.com/News/Disp ... s%20LEDs?#

To be clear, we can't advise for or against, just suggest a cautious approach, and say that we would be very interested to know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby stringal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:01 pm

oh mi God... many thanks you are so nice ! i feel good on this comunity ! well , i do not know that lady rigther : how shame of me , i will try to read something of her ... about the yelow color it is so funny i was wrong ... amaizing ! well i have to recherch more . many many thanks . still do not feel any significant result ... i keep in touch
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby stringal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:03 pm

oh , he is an man ... ok
stringal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Very definitely a man! :) A Lisbon lawyer, his magnificent novel "Deus Passeando Pela Brisa da Tarde", which I read in translation as "A God Strolling in the Cool of the Evening", won the Pegasus Prize and the Portuguese Writers' Association Grand Prize for Fiction. Brilliant, if you like good writing and ancient history. I do!

Good luck with the battle against rosacea.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Next

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)