SURVEY | effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and SD

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

SURVEY | effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and SD

Postby findingaway » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi,

I have created a Survey Monkey to gauge the effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and/or seborrheic dermatitis.

It's 10 questions, everything from skin type, syptoms before treatment to effectiveness of treatment and side effects (if any).

I wanted to make the survey results available to all at the click of a button at the outset, but it'll cost £24 a month to do that, so I will just have to release the info periodically - unless someone has a better idea. I would do a poll on here, but the options are too limited.

Anyway, would really appreciate your responses as it could potentially help a lot of people. And please tell me if you think any of it needs changing!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TDFK7LV
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: SURVEY | effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and SD

Postby Jenny Nairn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:59 pm

I tried to take your survey but it didn't work properly. If I ticked on one choice in one line, it would take the tick out of the next line!?
Jenny Nairn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby findingaway » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Never done before, so obviously got it a bit wrong.

Which question was it?

I remember locking a couple of questions to just one answer. So for example you couldn't say you had both mild and severe P&P. Maybe there is a prob with one of these...
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby findingaway » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

OK. I see what you mean. Now fixed!

Should work fine now :)
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Aurelia » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:34 pm

I tried to do the survey as soon as it went up but couldn't get past the first page. Clicking to proceed to the next batch of questions brought up an error message, and when I looked back at my selections, several lines of them had disappeared. I marked them all again and checked that the page was complete, then tried to move to the next page, and the same thing happened again. I gave up and made no further attempts in case the survey was recording partial submissions, which would skew the results.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby findingaway » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm sorry Aurelia, it's proving to be a nightmare!

I have taken off the compulsory answer each question marker and tested it and it works. So maybe you could try and again and let me know if you have success?

I'd really appreciate it! Thank you
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Aurelia » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:03 am

Okay, zoomed through it that time very quickly, no problems at all. Thanks for making the changes.

BTW V-Beam isn't the only type of laser in use for rosacea.

findingaway wrote:... it's proving to be a nightmare!

Alas, that is often the result of tackling big tasks. With luck, and over time, it will produce some useful results and you will be able to bask in the comforting knowledge that you have made a contribution towards helping figure out rosacea.

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Last edited by Aurelia on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reflected the fact that member quoted had since changed his username
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby findingaway » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 am

Cool. Thank you.

I don't think I can update it now that you have completed it, but noted.

It should be fairly easy to duplicate for other types of treatments to gain am idea of their effectiveness for certain individuals. I suppose I am trying to make sense of the madness that is 'rosacea' ('works for some, but not for all'). I.e. draw some correlations in statistics. I don't think the survey tool is powerful enough for that, but I will pull the results into a spreadsheet and the post pictures (graphs) of the results I guess would be the easiest way? Actually, I may be able to host a live file somewhere and make it public - like google documents.

I'll look into it.
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Jenny Nairn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm

All good - it worked perfectly. I would be interested to see the results once you have reached your target number of respondents.

Jen
Jenny Nairn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby findingaway » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Jenny,

Thank you. Indeed. Only two respondants so far, but only got it working yesterday!

Very positive results so far - no negative!

:)
findingaway
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Next

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)