Green Red Blue Infrared led cluster

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Green Red Blue Infrared led cluster

Postby milkmaid » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 pm

I finally broke down and bought one of these from Bright Therapy. I searched the net and couldn't find any reviews. They sent a very nice email with contact info after I purchased it. I bought the Answr lite over a year ago and really like it but it is so small. So many of the larger hand held units are very expensive, like the Baby Quasar, and only come with the one color. I find that I really like the combination of using blue and red. There is another one on their site that has blue and red and the option to use the two colors together, and it is $69.99.

Well, I hope this is a good one. I'll update.
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: Green Red Blue Infrared led cluster

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 am

Hi!

What made you buy the different colors, rather than just red? I'm curious. Blue is usually for acne, and sometimes rosacea skin doesn't like it. Green--I recall reading about it in Allure magazine, but for the life of me, can't remember what it was for exactly. (blush)

I have a blend of red and near-infrared, which I must admit I haven't used consistently. Once I finally do, depending on results, I might get one that is all-red.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby milkmaid » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 am

I find that the blue helps with breakouts when they occur. When I first got it, I used exactly as directed which I think was 2x a day 5min blue and then 5 min red. I did not use any of the creams that came with it as I was too afraid to try them and they are for acne. Anyway, after a while I just switched to using red only. I like using the blue for it's antibacterial properties. The green is for hyperpigmentation. I'll give it a try and see what it does.
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby milkmaid » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Well it came yesterday and I used the red light this morning. I do notice a difference especially in a spot next to the corner of my mouth. This spot is always swollen, about the size of a quarter but oblong. It swells and looks like about 5 or so huge pores are there. Anyway, that spot has not swollen all day. I also have what I think are indentions from former fotofacials that I had done and these seem less noticeable. The instructions for this say to use it for 20 mins or more, which is a lot more than the answr that I have. This thing though has infrared also. As I think I've said before that with the answr, when I first got it, the first time I used it you could litterally see the redness vanish from about mid-cheek all the way to my ears, and closer to the nose it did lighten. Over the course of the first year, it didn't seem to work as well. Now after much research though, I wonder if I was using it too much by using it 2x a day as per directions. Maybe it wasn't allowing enough time between uses. I have since noticed that it does seem to work better when I use it every other day, so I think that is how I will use this one. I've seen an amber or yellow one recently that I am really interested in checking out too. I hope to see a review on it sometime here.
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)