Results from Yellow LED?

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.
tragic_rabbit
I'm new here
I'm new here

Results from Yellow LED?

Post by tragic_rabbit »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen positive results from using yellow LED lamps. I have read that the yellow is supposed to be beneficial for facial redness. I have used red LED for a short time, and it seems to help a bit (I understand that the effect is cumulative, so I will stick with it). Would combining this with yellow LED be beneficial?

Thanks for your help!
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Re: Results from Yellow LED?

Post by Artist »

I have a yellow one, but I've primarily used my red/near infrared one. I have to switch the bulb plate out to use the yellow, so I haven't done it much. Now that I think of it, I think I've used it maybe once..not sure. So sorry I don't have input either way. If I used it, I know it didn't do any harm :)

Artist
Peter
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Peter »

Hey Artist

Nice picture. You can tell the real youngsters by the quality of the avatars. I think mine was taken with a Kodak Brownie - Aurelia will remember those (;)

TP has tried yellow and commented recently about it:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=12193

No doubt a search in the archives will reveal more. Didn't Dan also write about it on the RSG?

Bye

Peter
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Post by Artist »

Thanks Peter! We have only a few pictures of me as a baby because my parent's basement flooded :( I have thousands of little Jack, though!

I'm curious about the yellow light, too. I wish there was a red/near infrared/yellow combo. Then we'd have all possible benefits covered. FYI after using both red and near infrared, I'm pretty sure I benefit more from the near infrared.

Artist
Peter
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Peter »

Hello Artist

I thought you had cheated and sneaked on a picture of Jack :lol:

Suppose someone like David Christian could always build a unit that included yellow LED's and give it a try. I really don't know how effective it would be but I'm a great believer in that if your current lamp is giving obvious benefits, then just stick with it at least for a couple of years and then review your progress. When I had good results with red / blue we just felt it was the red that was the influencing factor hence the conversion to all red. Problem with light therapy on rosacea is that we just do not have any scientific evidence of why or how it works and we just have to rely upon the feedback of those who are using it to try and make sense of the results. As you are aware just to confuse the issue further, we also have different types of lamps to throw into the equation and it's quite possible some are more effective than others, depending upon the type of rosacea being displayed.

Next November I will have been using my lamp (second unit) for a decade and I can currently report that I'm still alive and kicking (dance)

All the best

Peter
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Post by Artist »

ha ha! That is Jack. He's the cutest!!

I've had absolutely no problem with my lamp. The only drawback is that I'm stuck sitting still under it every day for fifteen minutes. I don't dare stop because the benefits have been so obvious. It's a permanent part of my routine and definitely worth it. I should start meditating or something while I do it. What can you do while sitting perfectly still with blackout goggles on? Not much!

Artist
melissaw
Star Member
Star Member

Post by melissaw »

Hi Artist,

I listen to music and/or try to relax while I'm doing my light therapy.

When I called DPL therapy a few weeks ago to ask them about the different color lights they have the gentleman I spoke with said that yellow is supposed to be beneficial for rosacea as well. The cost of making up a custom unit from them was prohibitive though. I'm sticking with my unit for now.

Best wishes,
Melissa

PS Jack IS adorable:)
Peter
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Peter »

Artist wrote:ha ha! That is Jack. He's the cutest!!

I've had absolutely no problem with my lamp. The only drawback is that I'm stuck sitting still under it every day for fifteen minutes. I don't dare stop because the benefits have been so obvious. It's a permanent part of my routine and definitely worth it. I should start meditating or something while I do it. What can you do while sitting perfectly still with blackout goggles on? Not much!

Artist
Hey Artist that was sneaky then and I fell for it - D'oh

Well I thought you would be glad of 15 minutes peace and quiet having a young child?

This might help or give you ideas because this is my lamp and the table I built very quickly. All I do is lay underneath the lamp and usually doze off and the 15 minutes goes very quickly. The click of the timer switching the lamp off wakes me up. Easier with the goggles because I just rest them loose over my eyes.

It really is a good time to try and relax anyway if you can do it. I am glad you have had no problems with your lamp and can now see the improvements. Maybe in time when you have reached maximum improvement then you can reduce it to every other day and see if you can get away with that. I might give mine another year and start reducing to just once or twice a week.

Bye

Peter
Peter
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Peter »

Hello Melissa

You guys should know that color is really spelt "COLOUR" :) Queens English - ask Aurelia :lol:

I will see what I can find out about yellow but unless that guy has evidence of someone using it for rosacea then I haven't heard of anybody else apart from TP's experiment. For me all red has been so effective then there wouldn't be much point changing, unless it was proved yellow was much better. I have to e mail Sylvania at the weekend and I will ask if they manufacture yellow frequency tubes.

Have things settled for you know?

Bye

Peter
melissaw
Star Member
Star Member

Post by melissaw »

Hi Peter,

Yes, my face seems back to "normal". The p&p's are pretty much gone (hopefully they'll stay out of the picture).
I'm 30 days into the DPL therapy and in it for the long haul so I'm in no rush. One day at a time.

BTW Color does not need a u in it. That is just an extraneous letter for that word as far as I am concerned.
Unless you're in England, of course. In America when people add that u to words like honor (honour), color (colour), etc. they are considered pretentious. This pertains to Americans only. We love it when the English people do it! 8-)

Best wishes,
Melissa