Red Light Therapy / LED Therpay

LLLT can include light emitting diodes (LED), lamps and fluorescent tube devices. This form of therapy appears to help the inflammation of rosacea. LED is one example of a gentle form of light which can be used. There are also infra-red and near infra-red forms of light therapy being reported as effective. Drop by here to find out the latest about this emerging treatment area.

Red Light Therapy / LED Therpay

Postby Polgara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 pm

I am new here and wondered if someone could let me know the difference between LED and Red light therapy and if either has worked for you and if it is possible to purchase this type of lamp in the uk / the best one to get. Many thanks :)
Polgara
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Red Light Therapy / LED Therpay

Postby fanny » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Welcome
I am no expert in this but LEDS are the little lights for xmas trees etc, red light therapy is an entirely different thing. I have never used rlt so I'm hoping one of our other members will comment.
take care
fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby Polgara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Thank you, I don't like idea of RLT as it sounds related to heat, but the internet has so many contradictions that I am not sure, so grateful for any advice. I have seen LED machine at a local chemist for Acne (Red LED only no heat £50) and also seen a one on internet for wound healing which does not generate heat, but pricey at £120 so hope to get some members feedback before I take the plunge.
Polgara
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi
You could also to a search for RLT in the search bar on the right.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby lrouthier » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi there,

I was also looking for answers to Red Light Therapy. Planet Fitness offers "Beauty Angel" red light therapy. It an upright machine you stand in. you can google beauty angel on-line but I did not see where it discussed it in terms of those with rosacea. I guess a call to the mfg. would help. If any one know please respond. Thanks Lisa
lrouthier
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)