anti-inflammatory diet

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

anti-inflammatory diet

Postby CaroleJean » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi,
I'm thinking of trying an anti-inflammatory diet to see if it helps with the rosacea symptoms...I was wondering if anyone has tried this at all and if so, how did it go?
Thanks!
CaroleJean
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: anti-inflammatory diet

Postby mysweetchester » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

I am currently on the anti-inflammatory diet and it is helping. It is hard to stick to, but the results for me are worth it.

Take Care,
mysweetchester
mysweetchester
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CaroleJean » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Cool, thanks! Do you use a book/plan to follow for guidance as to which foods are ok etc? :)
CaroleJean
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby mysweetchester » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Yes, I recevied a book from one of my rosacea friends call The Clear Skin Diet. You can buy it on www.amazon.com.

As an example...

For breakfast I have oatmeal, or a spinach omelet.

For lunch I have a salad with spinach and some kind of oily fish (sardines, herring, anchoives, etc.)

For supper I have a cucumber and a red or yellow bell pepper. I am trying to add in a snack of some fruit like an apple or banana. But, mostly I eat broccoli or celery for a snack.

I was helped along in this diet by a dear friend and it is working for ME, but remember everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you.

Take Care, (hug)
mysweetchester
mysweetchester
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby David Pascoe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 pm

This sounds like another diet/food book that I should add to my list of books to read.

The reviews over at amazon for this book weren't as impressive as I expected. I hope this isn't a bad sign. I'd be interested in hearing more from anyone who has read it and tried it.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby CaroleJean » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:15 pm

I recently bought the following:
The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book: Protect Yourself and Your Family from Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies - and More by Jessica K. Black
I might try to incorporate some of the suggestions, but a lot of the recipes are unsuitable for me as they contain vinegar/spices etc that make my face flush...it's also very strict with no wheat, dairy...amongst other things. I probably can't bear to follow it completely but will try to eat more of th good stuff/less of the bad. Having had previous eating disorders I need to be careful about being too restrictive...the last thing I need is to get back into that lol!
I also don't want to let rosacea take over my whole life...I kind of feel like that's been happening...I'm pretty obsessed with it and am currently driving my poor husband nuts!
CaroleJean
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:28 am

Just Love your avatar :D Very sweet.

cheers,
davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby CaroleJean » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks David :P :)
CaroleJean
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Julia » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Anti-inflammatory diet?

Gosh I feel like I know so much less than everyone else here, my doctor just said to me, "you have rosacea, take these tablets"
I researched on the internet myself about rosacea, and found that certain foods can trigger a flush, but can an anti-inflammatory diet actually reduce the redness, or does it just prevent it from getting any worse?

Good luck to everyone else who is on an anti-inflammatory diet, hope it all goes well :)
Julia
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mysweetchester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Julia don't feel bad about not knowing enough. In April of this year I was a newbie and feeling quite overwhlemed, but with the warm and encouraging people here and trying various proven methods, I am doing better.

I do have permanent redness and the anti-inflammatory diet helps me with the flushing aspect; hence that helps me with getting less redness. I find sugar, caffeine, and heat to be my biggest triggers. Read lots and ask questions. We are all here for each other because we care.

Take Care,
mysweeetchester
mysweetchester
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Next

Return to Foods & Diet