Powerade ? possibly the cure!!

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Powerade ? possibly the cure!!

Postby KK_1984 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

hello everyone,

New member here, a quick background on why I joined. Diagnosed with Rosacea 2 years ago and lately I've been drinking a lot of Powerade, at first because I liked the taste but after two weeks of drinking that stuff my skin started getting better. My face , the redness, the bumps, scally red streaks all seems to have subsided by 80% which is great. There's some redness there but it looks more like i've been out in the sun than severe Rosacea. So I wanted post and share my experience and also see if anyone out there has had similar experience.
I know I can't keep drinking 32 oz of powerade everyday , probably not healthy but as you may know the pain of rosacea is much worse so I'll continue to drink it. If anyone can provide some intel on what it is in powerade that helps skin heal? Any thoughts, logic, opinion, other dietary product or anything shared is obviously greatly appreciated.
KK_1984
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Powerade ? possibly the cure!!

Postby KK_1984 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi - I know the post may not be helpful to all but can someone comment on what it is on powerade that may be helping? is it the vitamin b or some other ingredrient that seems to help. It's now been 3 weeks and I'm pretty happy with my skin.
KK_1984
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Powerade ? possibly the cure!!

Postby fanny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi
I just looked powerade ingredients up and it has nothing except mineral salts, sugar, water and coloring. I can only guess that maybe it is because you are keeping yourself hydrated and/or the mineral salts.
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Foods & Diet